In amongst all the other things happening this weekend I decided to try and make some decorated cookies. I’m NOT over the cupcakes yet… just wanted to try some different icing techniques!
It took a couple of goes to get the biscuits right… my oven seems to be going into hyper drive at the moment… I might need to get the thermostat looked at!
Anyway, I made some cookies using my new teapot cutter and finally got a few that I was happy with… and Tautu got quite a few that I was not so happy with… which meant he was pretty happy too LOL
I started off with some black outlining which I let dry for about 30 minutes. Then I made up some hot pink icing and started ‘flooding’ the shapes. After a while I was tired of all the pink so I made up some teal icing and kept going.
By the time we iced these little babies we were completely over icing and everything sweet! We decided to have curried kumara soup for dinner so I set Tautu to task peeling the kumara for me… and managed to catch him at work without him realising it!
Unfortunately his ‘helpfulness’ didn’t extend to the dishes last night… but the cookies still look awesome this morning!
Now it’s time to get myself organised and get to work for the start of the new term.
Have a great week everyone