Sunday 20 June 2010

Card Patterns Challenge

I’m feeling quite creative today… which is just as well considering how cold, windy, rainy and miserable it is outside! 

I got my Star Sign ATC’s finished for the Scrapbook Dreams June swap first thing this morning and then I got an email about Card Patterns latest sketch.

sketch69For whatever reason this sketch really inspired me to get into my craft room!  So out came the scrapping supplies… Magnolia stamps (Princess Tilda & Dragonflies), Distress Inks, Swiss Dot cardstock, some patterned paper from Kaiser along with flowers, punches etc and here’s what I came up with:

Front I’m really thrilled with how it turned out :)  When I started I thought I’d just make a square card but then I decided to turn it into an easel card.  Here’s the inside:

InsideI have no idea who’s going to receive this card yet… but at least I’m ready for an unexpected birthday now :)

The gorgeous little Dragonflies really finished off the ‘Happy Birthday’ stamp perfectly:

Open And here’s the card standing open – which is the best feature of an easel card (in my opinion) :)

Open 1So thanks Card Patterns for inspiring me to do something creative with this cold winter day!

Thanks for looking… Shell xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful -- I love it! Whoever receives this card will be very lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stamp and perfect papers for this! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx