Sunday 30 September 2012

Project Life: Week 39

Hi everyone :)

I’m totally loving daylight savings today!  We’ve got great weather here in Rotorua today and the temperature has certainly improved… I guess all good things DO come to those who wait :)

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

I’ve just had a full week off work (thanks to ACC) and I’m making very slow but steady progress.  My world seems to have shrunk dramatically this week without school and getting out and about to keep me busy and entertained!

On Monday a friend called in and I was able to get them to do my vacuuming for me… somehow it is easier to be incapacitated in a tidy home LOL

Toby didn’t take too kindly to the tidying up though and as soon as it was done he got his toys out again… but then he tried to tidy up himself… have a look at the close up and you’ll see what I mean:Left_1

I’ve been working on projects in very small doses this week… on Monday I actually got my September ATC’s done and sent away… yippee!

Mikayla was good at keeping Toby occupied for me outside too… he loves playing the ‘scare me’ game and never ceases to have enough of it!

The Rotorua Young Achievers were in the paper this week too and it was so neat to see kids that I either know or have taught being selected.  They’re all in their last year of college and it seems just like yesterday that they were only at primary school.

Here’s the second half of my week:Right_1

I’ve been playing around with resin, molds/moulds and paint over the past few days.  Mostly I’ve been working on my swap pins for the Scrapbook Dreams retreat next weekend and they’re almost all done now!

I’ve also been working on some samples to show the ladies when they come and I’m hoping to get lots more done this week.

When Toby was a ‘little boy’ he used to curl up in our lap and have a sleep or a cuddle and this week he seems to have decided that he’s a ‘little boy’ again!  He’s been trying to get onto Mikayla’s lap most of the week and as you can see from the photo he doesn’t have much chance of that happening!

This time next weekend the scrap retreat will be all finished but at the moment there’s still loads of little details to take care of and things to do.  I’m so looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting the new people who haven’t been before!

Here’s my creative piece for the week:Creativity_1

Since daylight savings has started I decided to do a piece about ‘time’ using some of the resin clock faces I’ve been making.  I also used some Tim Holtz paper and spinners and I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out.

So that’s been my week… I hope you’ve all had a good week and are having lovely weather too xx

p.s. Since it’s the retreat next weekend my Project Life won’t be up on the blog until Monday night.

3 comments:

  1. I think resin is next on my list - its a lot of fun and soooo easy. Mr Toby sure is a character. LOL. Have fun on your retreat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - did you make those resin pieces??? wowser ... go you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i do love your clock faces, very cool! So wish I could be with you again this year but its not possible. I will be thinking of you all tho, have a fabulous time..xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx