Saturday 21 September 2013

52 Lists: Weeks 22, 23 and 24

Hi everyone :)

This morning I felt inspired to do some list making.  Since Moorea Seal has decided not to continue with this project I’ve come up with my own lists and I’ve actually got a list of list ideas LOL

Week 22 – List your favourite art supplies

This list was super simple to create because I love all sorts of art supplies and I’ve got baskets and baskets of goodies to prove it!  I actually made this list several weeks ago and since then I’d certainly add Gelatos to the list!Week 22 copy

Week 23: List your favourite childhood TV shows

The other day I got chatting with a friend about TV shows in the ‘good old days’ and I thought it would make a good list for this project.  If you’re a child of the 70’s you’ll probably recognise heaps of them!Week 23 copy

Week 24: List the things you loved as a child

Once again, the idea for this list came after chatting with a friend about childhood memories.  I grew up on a dairy farm and had a wonderful childhood filled with friends and family.  Looking back on it I probably do have rose coloured glasses but that’s the joy of childhood memories isn’t it?Week 24 copy

I thought I’d better explain about ‘the platform Dad built for us’… it sounds a bit weird when I tell other people about it but after a quick explanation they get it LOL

Mum used to play tennis when we were little and one time she was away at a tennis tournament and Dad decided to build us a tree house to play in.

We went with Dad and ‘helped’ him… passing nails and hammers and pieces of wood… although he’s told me that we really weren’t any help at all!

Anyway, he got the platform base finished and it was the perfect height and size for us to play on… but he never actually finished making the rest of the house.

It worked out for the best though because I can remember that platform being:

  • a stage to perform on
  • a base for the cowboys (my boy cousins) to shoot the indians (me and my sisters)
  • the hideout for robbers (my boy cousins again) to get away from the cops (me and my sisters)
  • a lookout for the pirate ship
  • the venue for many teddy tea parties

And while we were playing on our ‘platform’ Mum could see us across the paddock from the kitchen window.  Lots of happy memories.

Have a great weekend everyone xx

1 comment:

  1. Lots of happy memories and I remember every single one of those TV shows. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx