Sunday 13 October 2013

Project Life: Week 41

Hi everyone :)

This week has been great!  I’ve had a break away with my sister and her family… had my hair coloured… been on an impromptu picnic… bought a few art supplies… blobbed in front of the TV… and had some visits with friends!  It’s what the holidays are all about :)

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

On Tuesday I headed down to Gisborne to spend some time with my sister and her family.  I’m super pleased that I got the opportunity because it was a wonderful time! 

I actually remembered to take the birthday card I made for her with me and on Tuesday night Tracey and I went out for dinner… a ‘grown ups’ dinner… no kids… no McDonalds… and we had a blast.  We started off at one place with a drink but decided the music was too loud for talking… either that or we’re both getting old! LOL

We moved on somewhere else for dinner and were surprised by how full it was… turns out it was ‘pub quiz night’… and it was great!  We found out that between us we knew lots of the answers and it was a bit like being on the set of Nothing Trivial LOL

On Wednesday I got the opportunity to go with my nephew for his swimming lesson and he did such a great job!  He’s starting to get quite confident in the water and was keen to show Auntie how much he had developed since he started on Monday.

Here’s a close up of the beginning of my week:Left copy_1 After the swimming lesson we hung out by the pools for a while and then spent some time in town.  I managed to get some really candid shots of the kids while I was there and knew I wanted to include some of those precious moments in my album.

While I was staying in Gisborne I also bought myself a new laptop.  It was definitely time for a new one and it’s super speedy!  I’ve got quite a few of my programs loaded on it now and I’m getting used to the way it works.

I was also lucky to have an entire queen sized bed to myself.  At home I have a double bed and the queen really seemed to be a LOT bigger!  With all the rugby heroes on the wall I wasn’t short of company either LOL

When I left Gisborne I knew I had to make it back to Rotorua in time for a hair appointment.  Somehow I never seem to get their on time when I’m at home but even with travelling close to 300km I made it back with 15 minutes to spare… how on earth does that work???

Here’s a close up of the second part of my week:Right_1 Before I left my sisters place I asked the kids to have their photo taken with me… the youngest nephew was totally up for it but the eldest one wasn’t so keen.  I told him that we could also do a silly photo and that changed everything.  There are definitely some ‘crazy’ genes in our family!

Poor Toby missed me while I was away.  He sat up on my bed all day watching out the window for me to come home and wasn’t too keen to move from his spot.  Luckily for me Mikayla got a few photos because they turned out really well.

On Friday I took Toby on a bit of a road trip to make up for missing out on going to Gisborne.  He really loves going in the car and when we stop for ice cream he’s even happier! 

We had an impromptu picnic at the Kaituna Cut and the weather was perfect for getting some good photos.  The fishermen were catching a few good fish too!

I spent a little bit of time on Saturday working on some mini houses for my Christmas Village… the brain cells are working overtime with different ideas I can use so I’m sure you’ll see some progress over the next couple of months.  In the meantime, here’s what I’ve started with:

IMG_0360_1 IMG_0361_1I’ve still got lots to do on it but I’ve had fun so far!

Today I had a really lovely visit with Sheree and we got busy with molds and resins.  So much fun and we found that we like lots of the same things.  Sheree arrived with mini quiches and coleslaw for lunch too… total bonus!

And now the end of the holidays are upon me and tomorrow it’s back to school, kids and reality!

I hope you all have a great week xx

2 comments:

  1. I've just picked up a couple of the Collections houses kits to make up for Christmas. Got some more houses wishlisted in the silhouette store too. Love yours and can't wait to see the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki :) I saw those little Collections houses and thought they looked fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx