Saturday 15 February 2014

I’ve been creative!

Hi everyone :)

Today I finally got my arty stuff out and did something creative.  It’s been a REALLY long time since I actually got inky/painty hands and it was well overdue!

I know I usually take step by step photos but today I just got completely lost in the creative process and forgot all about that until the page was actually done… and of course by that stage I had stuff EVERYWHERE!!

Here’s my finished page before it got put into my art journal.  The page actually curled up quite a bit… must have been all the layers of paint!1

It looked heaps better once it was attached into my art journal:2

And here it is again as a full spread:3

About the only think that I know is not on my page anywhere is Distress Ink… and that’s because I haven’t been able to find ANY of them since I moved! 

I’m still going to carry on with Project Life this year but I’m not sure if I’m going to keep to the same format as the last two years.  I have been taking a lot more photos on my new phone so I’ve got plenty to work with but for now I’m busy adjusting to life in Gisborne, a new relationship and a house that is far too small for all my stuff!

4 comments:

  1. So pleased to see that your mojo has been unpacked Shell, lol. Seriously - have missed seeing your work. You are my biggest inspiration and for that, I thank you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are brilliant Shell, love all the texture and embellishments. Nice to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay so good to see you creating again.. Your page looks great and pleased to hear you are settling in well in Gisborne. Big hugs to you..Ohh btw how is Toby coping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have missed you. Good to see you getting inky and messy again. Hope things are working out well for you in Gisborne :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx