Well, were almost a third of the way through 2014 and to be honest I still don’t feel like I’m walking on solid ground yet. I even had a word picked out for 2014… Creating! And to date I’ve done very little of that this year!
So I’ve come to a few conclusions:
- Maybe I don’t have to do what I’ve been doing for the past couple of years… maybe I don’t NEED to do Project Life the same way???
- Maybe this year I need to focus on other things???
- Maybe things didn’t turn out quite the way I was hoping and I’m not quite sure how to deal with that yet???
- Maybe this year I need to figure out what I actually want to do with the rest of my life???
- Maybe I really just don’t have any clue as to what’s going on and I’m trying desperately to keep my head above water??? Yeah… kind of feels like that at the moment!
So I thought I might just show you a few snippets of my life in the past week… hoping that it might inspire me a bit!
On Saturday I went to the markets… Gisborne actually has a really good market on a Saturday morning and I LOVE having fresh flowers in my home all the time! Here’s a few of my goodies from the weekend:
I bought some red and white roses… a few plants for the garden (including some herbs), plus I bought some watercress and walnut pesto (divine with pasta) and some lemon and passionfruit curd… totally delicious! I loved this photo so much I’ve used in in my new banner… clearly the simple things still make me happy.
On Sunday Toby and I spent some time in the garden… he was ‘supervising’… yes he’s still pulling the “But Mumma, I’ve got NO thumbs!” card. We did a bit more gardening on Monday and the pots are looking pretty good now although we still have a few more to do.
On Monday it was Grandma’s birthday… not the really significant ‘you don’t have to go to work anymore’ one… but it’s getting closer! Toby and I set ourselves up last night since Mum was busy on Monday and we SKYPED her! Poor Toby really wasn’t too sure about it and he did bark at her a few times. The neat part was that we took her on a virtual tour of our new home since she hasn’t been here yet.
Meanwhile, Toby and I are continuing to get to know our new home… we’ve explored lots in our neighbourhood and we’ve discovered some good beach walks and hill tracks. We’ve also decided that we love kerb-side recycling which happens every Tuesday.
So maybe things didn’t turn out quite the way I had hoped or planned… but it’s the way it is and I’m making the most of it :)
p.s. I’m getting quite good at making lemonade… if you get my drift!