The colours are really soft and lovely but I started wondering about using brighter colours and giving it even more of a watercolour feel. I decided to make three cards to put together as a gift set so I got out my Distress Inks again and made some colour choices.
Card 1: Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn
Card 2: Salty Ocean, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn
Card 3: Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn
I did exactly the same thing as I did with my first sketch daisy card... 'smooshed' my colours on a plastic mat and then used a wide paint brush to add water to my paper so that the colours would blend together. I really like how the backgrounds turned out! This time I heat gunned the first layer of colours dry and then added a bit more to create some depth:
Then I added the sentiment using the same stamps as I'd used previously and heat embossed with the Ranger Queen's Gold.
When I did each background I used some of the ink to colour the daisy and leaf inserts. Since I didn't want them blowing away I let them dry naturally while I was doing all my stamping and embossing and then I added them to my card using the sketch flower as a guide for placement.
Next I put all my sketch flower die cuts through my Xyron, adhered them to my card and, since I wanted these cards to be a set I backed all of them with some coordinating green cardstock (Bazzill Patch) before adding them to my cards.
Of course they wouldn't be complete without a little bling!
And here's my finished cards:
I think they make quite a nice set of cards:
Thanks for stopping by my blog xx