Sunday 19 October 2008

The mojo is flowing :)

Last year when I came home from SENZ I just couldn't scrap at all! My mojo was completely zapped... this year I just can't stop creating!!! I've got ideas galore and I've actually managed to get several bits and pieces done (some I can't show you because they're for swaps).

First off here's the ATC I made for Challenge #2 on the ATC Dares blog. The theme was Retro 1950's so I went with a 1950's diner idea similar to my memories of watching 'Happy Days'. The ATC was made from 2 different photos from the net.. one for the background and one for the diner plus some epoxy stickers that I've had for ages (not sure of the brand):

Dare challenge #3 is up and this time the theme is 'Fantasy'... got to get started on that one!

Now for some Fiskars stuff! A couple of months ago I got asked to be a guest designer for Fiskars and they sent me a lovely box of goodies to create with. It's all been featured on the Fiskars blog in the last week so now I can share the projects with you :)

First up is the card I made for my sister's birthday. I loved the shine on the paper so I went with some silver numbers cut out with the cuttlebug (Hippee Chick font) and I used some of the vellum ribbon and ran it through my cuttlebug using an embossing folder... works quite well!

Then I used some of the paper I got sent to create a layout of me and my niece playing in the puddles while her Daddy was doing the 'Tough Guy' challenge. We had a huge amount of fun getting wet and dirty!! I made the letters from white cardstock using the cuttlebug (Red Tag Sale font). Then I added some chalk and doodling before adding some dimensional magic... when they tried I 'cracked' them a bit and they ended up looking quite cool :)My final project was a mini album created for my other niece. She'd been out picking flowers with her Mummy and they sent me the photos so I made her a mini album to remember her day :)The day before we went down to SENZ Miss Kody came for a visit to Auntie's house and I gave her the mini album.... she LOVED it and kept saying 'Me' 'Me' everytime we turned a page and she saw the next lot of photos... VERY cute!!Kody's 19 months old so I didn't think the embellishments would last for too long... but I didn't think she'd be quite so quick to do this!!!Have to admit though that when her Mummy tried to get the book back of her and Kody said 'MINE' I was quite thrilled LOL So cool to see your creativity being appreciated... even if it is only so she could wreck it a bit more!

Today is also Miss Mikayla's birthday! My 'baby' is now 14!!! I wanted to make her something really special and I had a lot of ideas... a mini album of her growing up, a canvas, a hand-made journal but in the end I got busy making her an 'M' for her bedroom wall.

I'm stoked with how it turned out... and so was Mikayla this morning when I gave it to her... I definitely did hear the word 'awesome' come out of her mouth!! Happy Birthday Mikayla!!! Love you lots babe :)

6 comments:

  1. Very cool creating, Shell and happy birthday to your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... that is a rather gorgeous 'M' ... happy birthday to Mikayla! I'm the same with SENZ this year ... just bursting with ideas, yet last year ... nothing, I even have an unfinished class project from last year! Love your fiskars work ... specially love the way Miss Kody is claiming her album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Miss Mikayla - it was mine on the 17th! No wonder we got on when we met. Big Hugs, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely Shell!

    Lydia picks the embellies off my LOs too. I have to make sure they're in page protectors before she looks at them! LOL! But they do love looking at photos of themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Shell, I don't know how you do it...work full time as a teacher, run a business and still find the time and energy to create. LOL on Miss Kody 'picking flowers' from her very beautiful album! And a big happy birthday to Mikalya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mini album is so cute as are the cards, ATC and layout. Love that Monogram pressie for your daughter it is stunning. I hear you on the creative juices flwoing after SENZ. Liked reading your take on the weekend too. Loved all those photos.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx