Sunday 9 November 2008

Meet my Dad... oops nope that's Mum again LOL

Mum is really starting to get into this whole 'dress up' thing... instead of clothes though, this time she is dressing up her FACE! Here's Mum (second from the right) with her work mates making a stand for 'Movember' :)
Some of her male colleagues actually do have mousaches that they're going to shave off at the end of the month so to support them the 'girls' thought they'd wear moustaches every Monday! Somehow Mum got the grey one and someone at her work made the comment that she looks like a train conductor LOL Even Mum thought that the oven doors behind them look a bit like a train :)

Now for some scrapping stuff... There is a sketch challenge on at Scrapbook Dreams at the moment and I got busy last weekend and did a layout. It's all about Miss Krystal and how she's growing up very quickly at the moment. She's already sat 3 of her Cambridge exams, and her last one is tomorrow! Then she finishes school on Friday to have study leave and NCEA exams!The journaling reads: When did you grow up? When did you stop being my little girl? I have so many wonderful memories of you being young and now you've almost completed NCEA. Where have the years gone? I wish for you so many things... but most of all I wish you happiness! I love being your Mum xx

It was really nice to step outside my usual style a bit and create this layout... and I totally love those papers (Kaiser- Dancing Jewel). If you would like to enter the competition the details are HERE and then you can upload your layout into the gallery HERE.

It's been a busy week with Scrapfest too! The classes have all been uploaded now so if you want to check them out visit the Scrapfest Blog. There's some really neat classes and the crop night is going to be a lot of fun! The tickets are all available now and you can purchase them HERE... but you'll need to get in fairly quickly because numbers are strictly limited!!

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend... there's plenty of sunshine here so we've been catching up on all the washing and the lawns! I even remembered to go and vote LOL

4 comments:

  1. Very funny about the Movember. LOL. With 2 girls finishing school on Wed for exams - its going to be a long time to fill until school next year. Seems to get earlier and earlier. Good luck in your house for exams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at Movember! I know what you mean about our children groing up - my baby starts college next year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on your Mum and her workmates for getting into the spirit! Lovely layout Shell.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx