Wednesday 7 March 2012

Log Your Memory: Week 10

March has begun and the new theme at Log Your Memory is ‘Personal Connections’. 

The prompt for Week 10 is all about your home.  Owning my own home was something really important to me.  After years and years of renting and moving it’s really great to have somewhere that I can call home… somewhere that if I decide to paint a wall I don’t have to ring anyone to get permission. 

At the end of 2006 I knew that I was moving back to Rotorua so my sister and I came over for the day to look at possible houses.  There were six on the list from the real estate agent.  The first three houses all ‘ticked the boxes’ but they didn’t ‘speak’ to me.  Then we arrived at a house that just felt different.   I can still clearly remember walking through the front door and ‘feeling’ like I was home. 

soldsign

There was that elusive ‘X Factor’… and it had a HUGE room off the lounge that I knew would be a fantastic scrapbook studio!

We did go and look at house number 5… for about 10 minutes and at house number 6 we didn’t even get out of the car!

I put in an offer on the house and within three days I had bought my own piece of New Zealand.  Six weeks later we moved in and we’ve been living here ever since.

Here’s my layout:Week 10

I’m still doing D.I.Y. projects… I still love being a home owner… and I still have things I want to do here.

Have a great week everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx