Sunday 22 April 2012

Project Life: Week 16

Hi everyone :)  It’s the end of another week as well as the school holidays!  I’ll be heading back to work tomorrow and I’m actually looking forward to it.

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

On Monday night I was brushing my teeth and I could hear singing coming from my room.  I quickly grabbed my camera and managed to get a photo of Mikayla singing Toby a lullaby!

Tuesday was pretty full on… I went to Hamilton with Ann as she was helping me pick up some more paper stands and we caught up with Krystal for lunch.  She’s doing so well at uni and loving having a place of her own… she even invited us back to her place in the afternoon for chocolate cake… that’s my girl!!Left_1

Wednesday was hair colouring day… I’m loving the new colours in my hair!  I also had to ‘re-sticky’ my silhouette mat as it’s had a MAJOR workout since I got it but it’s just like new again now.

Wednesday afternoon was all about school.  I had my first mentoring session with Veronica and we got lots done.  Plus I got all my photocopying finished and organised… go me!

Here’s a wee Toby story:  On Friday I was having a quiet afternoon reading my book and snacking on some camembert and crackers.  I went outside for a minute and then I heard Toby’s lips smacking together… end result, NO CHEESE LEFT!  I told him that he was a “cold-blooded, cheese eating thief” at which point he looked at me as if to say…. is there any more Mumma?  Not funny at the time but it is now LOL

Here’s the second half of the week:Right_1

Sue and I went to Fashion Island to do some clothes shopping for the winter terms.  I took her to Merric which has got to be my favourite clothing store and we had a fab day together.

On Friday I got some more plaster of paris t-shirts done.  They’re for an art project at school but they’re taking a LONG time to do!  The idea is to take an old t-shirt and dip it in plaster of paris and then let it dry so that it goes rock hard.  Great in theory but in reality I can only get 2-3 shirts done at a time before the plaster sets :(  So it’s now a case of mixing small quantities of plaster and working slowly.  I’ve got 7 done…. only 21 more to go!

It was Mum’s birthday yesterday and I organised a surprise picnic for her.  She’s hard to surprise but I got Richard (her husband) involved and between the two of us we managed to really get her!!!  Richard kept mentioning that it was going to take 2 hours to get to the ‘mystery tour’ and she thought she was off to Taupo!

I ended up with so many photos that I decided to do another 6 x 12 insert all about the day:Mum front_1  Mum back_1

I made lots of treats which ended up lasting throughout the whole day and then we spent all afternoon chatting and catching up before Mum invited me to stay for dinner… so pleased that I did too!

Toby loves parties and food so he was in his element… especially when he managed to get the last of Poppa’s egg!  He also enjoyed having one of Grandma’s cut glass bowls for his water bowl for the day!

Here’s my wee bit of creativity for this week:Creativity_1

I used a photo strip die cut (it’s a mini one) along with a digital print of a telephone since I’ve spent so much time on the phone this week.  The flower is a Prima one that I had left over from another project.

So that’s my week… lots done and still some things left to do but that’s life isn’t it! 

I hope you all have a great week xx

2 comments:

  1. Great pages there Shell. Had to laugh at Toby pinching your food as have just done one like that for Brody when he snitched the remains of a yummy loaf of bread of the bench. The picnic lunch was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are looking great Shell and i love reading your time you squeeze so much into one week amazing lady... lol at toby eating your "snack naughty boy..

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx