Wednesday 18 April 2012

Log your Memory: Week 16

Hi everyone :) 

This week is flying by and I’ve only just remembered that it’s Wednesday which means time to update the blog!

The challenges for April with Log your Memory are all about your occupation.  One of the questions they had this week was: “Is your current occupation a good fit for your talents and skills?”

I’d have to say a big YES to that one!  Which is possibly part of the reason that I’m still teaching.  I love variety, trying new things, being creative and working both as part of a team as well as on my own. 

I surprise myself though because I also like structure.  I like knowing what I have to do and working towards getting things done. 

Here’s my layout for this weeks prompt:Week 16 I’m a bit of a ‘Pollyanna’ really because I like lots of different things.  I get really enthusiastic about my reading programme… and then I’ll do a maths course and all of a sudden my maths lessons become new and exciting.

Throw in a bit of art, sport, technology and writing and it makes me really happy.

I NEVER ask the kids in my class to do something that I wouldn’t try myself… and they know that!  Somehow teaching just fits all sorts of criteria for me and having a good class makes the whole learning and teaching process that much more interesting and achievable. 

So that’s this weeks prompt done… there will be another ‘occupation’ layout next week.

Have a good week everyone xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx