Sunday 10 June 2012

Project Life: Week 23

Hi everyone :) 

Yes I missed posting my layout for Log your Memory this week.  I’ll do a double post on Wednesday to catch up.

Here’s a look at this week:Full_1

My week started off with a great uplifting email from the Brave Girls club… I so love their daily emails!  I also finished my latest book from Lesley Pearse… Gypsy.  GREAT story!

On Monday I went into town to pick up my new DVD player which I got from cashing in some of my Fly Buys points that were about to expire and while I was there I bought an electric blanket.  I’m loving it… Toby’s loving it and I can’t believe that I resisted getting one for so long!!!

Here’s a better look at the start of the week:Left_1

I decided that for Arbor Day Room 4 would do some ‘4 seasons’ artwork.  So thankful that I have the silhouette to cut out all the blossoms… 405 in total!

The kids worked on one season at a time and by lunchtime we were almost done.  I’ve mounted all the artwork but forgot to get photos of it before I hung it all up so I’ll share the finished artwork with you next time.  They really look fantastic!

We had 3 metres of firewood arrive on Tuesday afternoon… just as the rain was about to start so Mikayla and I worked very hard while Toby ‘supervised’ us putting it all in the garage.  It was a full-on 35 minutes but we got there in the end!

Before you get excited and start thinking that I’ve found a new man… the photos are of my ‘brother’… he’s actually my ex-brother-in-law but we still think of ourselves as family.  He’s just moved to Australia and now we have to catch up via Facebook rather than via phone. 

Here’s the second half of my week:Right_1

Scrapbook Dreams celebrated it’s 4th birthday this week… quite a milestone for me!  It’s been hard work but I still really love it!

I’ve also been really inspired by photos I’ve found on Flickr so I decided to include them in this weeks pages.  The vintage roses and books are really ‘speaking’ to me at the moment so you may see them in some of my artwork soon.

On Friday nights I usually get takeaways on the way home as Mikayla works Friday nights and it’s a chance for me to have some time to myself.  This week I decided to make myself homemade hamburgers… very tasty indeed!  Toby and I curled up in front of the fire and watched some TV… such a great way to start the weekend.

On Saturday I received a lovely card from my friend Jane.   She’d made the card for one of the Scrapbook Dreams birthday activities and then sent it to me… it was such a lovely surprise :)  Thank you Jane xx

Here’s my piece of creativity for the week:Creativity_1

I’ve had this image for such a long time and used it when I made my grungeboard album.  This weekend I was looking for something on my computer and came across it again so I had to use it.  It’s hard to tell from the photo but it’s got quite a vintage feel to it… in spite of the bling!

So that’s been my week… and now I’ve got a project to work on while I watch a movie on the new DVD… the fire is going… Toby is curled up asleep and I’ve got chocolate… what more could a girl want???

Have a great week everyone xxx

1 comment:

  1. I just couldn't get through winter without my electric blanket. LOL. Love the daily truths from Brave Girls and am always amazed at just how the right one seems to arrive just at the right time.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx