Sunday 24 June 2012

Project Life: Week 25

Hi everyone :)

As usual at the end of the school term life has gone into overdrive all of a sudden.  There seems to be more to do and less time to do it in.

This week I’ve done another insert so here’s this week with the insert:Full with insert

And without the insert:Full

On Monday we had the the Duffy Theatre people visit… three very talented and enthusiastic actors who had the kids completely spellbound!

I also went to collect some firewood with our caretaker… they’d just felled a HUGE tree up at the local cemetery and I was too intimidated to go on my own so Dan came with me.

Here’s a look at the beginning of this week:Left

After seeing the ads for Mammoth Yoghurt… you know, the one for men made by a man… I decided it was time to try it and I have to say that’s I’m a real convert!  I love the lemon and passionfruit flavour… and this yoghurt is super thick and creamy!

In Room 4 we’ve been doing some fun stuff to end the term… with more planned for next week!  This week I shared one of my all time favourite childhood stories with them… Bad Jelly the Witch!  The kids really got into the story and they particularly enjoyed listening to Spike Milligan reading it on the CD I played for them.

Here’s a look at the second half of my week:Right

This week and next week all the Year 6 students in our school (approx 90 kids) are having swimming lessons every afternoon.  To make sure that they don’t miss out on their lessons by forgetting their togs and towels we’ve been hanging them over the radiators to get dry. 

While the Year 6’s (and three of the senior teachers) are down at the aquatic centre the Year 5’s have been distributed amongst the rest of us so in Room 4 we’ve been doing some artwork for Matariki.  It’s going really well and hopefully we’ll get it all done by Wednesday afternoon.

If finally got around to using the self-service petrol at Pak’n’Save.  I had a 25 cent off voucher that I wanted to use so I bit the bullet and actually it wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be.  Sometimes trying something new really freaks me out!

There’s also a few photos in there that were taken at my nieces birthday party.  Kody wanted to show me her work sample book… and then she read a story to Grandma.  It definitely brought back memories of when my own girls were that small.

Mum made sure to get a photo of me and Katey eating our lunch at the kids table too.  We were mostly unaware of it as we were having a good catch up LOL

Here’s my creativity for the week:Creativity

I used a night sky photo and die cut the 25 from some left over paper I had from another project.  The bling represents the seven stars of Matariki.

And now for the insert… my wee niece had her 2nd birthday party on Saturday and she had a wonderful time… although I think she found it a bit overwhelming at times.Insert front

Katey made her a really cool monkey cake which Jessy (her big sister) thought was awesome as well!  There were LOTS of presents to unwrap and then later on when it went a bit quieter she enjoys actually playing with some of her new gifts.

 Insert back

Everyone (including Auntie) was pretty taken with her spinning top.  It has a wee train inside that goes around and the little signs raise and lower as the train passes.

Sammy’s big sisters were quite interested in the little house I gave her and wanted to push all the buttons and try everything out. 

Sammy loved her new fluffy jacket, dolls pram and new doll… she was keen to play with them all afternoon!

So that’s been my week… pretty busy but so many wonderful memories!

I hope you all have a great week xx

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so well with this album and its going to look absolutely fabulous at the end of the year. Definitely something to treasure and look back on.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx