Sunday 1 July 2012

Project Life: Week 26 and another insert

Hi everyone :)

This week has been absolutely full on… it’s been the last week of the school term as well as my birthday so there’s HEAPS of photos to share!

Here’s a look at the full week:Full_1

My Year 6’s were still swimming every afternoon during this last week of term so I did some neat art projects with the Year 5’s including making zentangle type patterns which they added to a feather outline and will next term be dyed and made into a cloak as part of our Matariki celebrations.

I also did another observation of Veronica’s teaching as part of my Tutor Teacher position and the changes are amazing… she’s really developing her confidence now!

Here’s a closer look at the beginning of the week:Left_1

A birthday card from Toby arrived on Tuesday and although I recognised Mum’s sticker on the back of the envelope I didn’t recognise the handwriting.  It turns out that she wrote the card AND the envelope with her left hand!!!  Would have taken her ages!  Toby is such a good son xxx

We had a mini birthday celebration with one of my night class groups as well and Toby loved having a ‘party’ at our house!

The bottom right photo is of one of my groups trying to follow instructions for making a 5-pointed origami star.  Although the kids hit a few snags (mostly from not reading the instructions correctly) we now have quite a few stars to go towards our display.

Here’s the second half of my week:Right_1

I’m not sure if it was because it was the last week or not but we had two visiting groups this week.  The first was a school band all the way from Australia and they were really good.  We also had Te Ururoa Flavell visiting as part of our Duffy Books in Homes project.  He had some wonderful facial expressions and the kids enjoyed his visit.

The top right photo is of my Year 5’s with their Matariki night sky paintings.  They absolutely loved doing them and the finished art is going to look amazing once I’ve got them on the wall later this week.

I had to include some special presents in this weeks pages.  Mum brought me back a fabulous candle from Australia that is very Art Deco!  Loreen and Keith sent me an amazing clock pendant which is all engraved and actually pops open to reveal a working clock inside… love it!!!  Esther sent me some body lotions from Rarotonga along with a wonderfully warm knitted scarf and a butterfly necklace!  Thank you all so much for spoiling me xxx

Creativity_1This weeks creativity is my piece about turning 42.  The background is actually a photo of one of my indoor planter pots and then I collected a few different ‘42’ images to embellish… love how it turned out :)

As promised I also have an insert for this week… but it’s the tale of two halves LOL  On the front I wrote all about what happened on my actual birthday… including getting a surprise when Krystal arrived home unexpectedly!

my birthday copy_1

On the reverse side is a fabulous event I went to last night… a mid winter Christmas at Keith and Loreen’s:Mid winter christmas copy_1

Thank you both for inviting me!  I had an absolutely wonderful evening and thoroughly enjoyed myself!!!  Now I just need to start thinking about a costume for your Halloween night!

So that’s been my week…. lots of celebrating!  I hope you all have a wonderful week xxx

1 comment:

  1. Another fantastic entry for your log Shell. I'm so glad that you had a fantastic birthday week (even if I was so sure you were only 41). Enjoy the school holidays, although I know for a fact that you won't be sitting around doing nothing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx