Monday 31 December 2012

December Daily: Dec 30

Hi everyone :)

2013 is just around the corner and tonight Toby and I are going to a Jimmy Buffett party at Keith and Loreen’s!  We’re really looking forward to it… I’ve got my ‘loud and proud’ Hawaiian shirt organised thanks to Mum and I’m going to get busy in the kitchen making some yummy things to take over for the party.

I’m sure by the end of the night we’ll all be singing ‘Wasting away in Margaritaville’ and having a great time!

Jimmy Buffett singing live

Meanwhile here is my post about yesterday.  Toby and I went through all the photos taken during this week… and there were tons of them!  Project Life is the album where he gets to shine and he’s been getting a bit jealous that Dougal has featured so much in the December Daily… boys and their precious egos LOL

The boys both got upset when I went down to the photo lab because I wouldn’t take either of them.  Despite all the rain it was extremely hot in the car and I wasn’t about to have dehydrated sons on my hands! 

On the way home I called into Bunnings to grab a couple of plastic containers for all our Christmas decorations.  Up until now they’ve been stored in various cardboard boxes but the time has come to get them sorted out.  I also picked out a test pot of paint for the lounge wall.  The first one I chose seemed a bit dark so I thought I’d go with a slightly lighter colour.  I’m looking forward to testing it out!

Here’s the journaling for the day:Dec 30 journal copy_1

When I got home the boys and I carefully took down all the decorations and Dougal helped me wrap them in tissue paper… Toby just loves paper too much to wrap anything… all he wants to do is rip it up!

As we were finishing the phone rang and it was for Dougal!  That’s never happened before… and I wondered how they knew our phone number.  It turns out that while he was on the bus coming home from Grandma’s house he gave EVERYONE our number… Oh Lord!  I’m hoping not to get anymore phone calls!

Anyway, it turns out that one of the people on the bus works for a tourist bus service and they offered Dougal a job as an entertainer on the longer bus trips.  He’s beyond ecstatic!  Last night he was making a list of the things he wants before he heads up to the ‘big smoke’.  Top of his list was a suitcase… what does he think he’s going to put in it???

Here’s the photos for the day:Dec 30 photos copy_1

I’ve gotten so used to having Dougal around over the past month… and I’m going to be sad to see him go off on his travels.  But how can I rain on his parade??  So long as he makes regular visits home I’ll be quite happy.  Actually it might be fun to have someone a little bit ‘famous’ in the family.

Thanks for visiting my blog :)  I hope you all have a wonderful end to the year and that 2013 brings you happiness and joy.

Take care xx

2 comments:

  1. happy new year Shell. Have a great time tonight. Enjoyed your project, awesome reading and photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better keep an eye on your glitter and bling or it just might be taking a wee road trip. LOL. Have an awesome night and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx