Sunday 16 December 2012

Project Life: Week 50

Hello again :)

Well it’s been a massive week full of highs and lows.  We finished school on Friday and I must admit that I’m really, really looking forward to not having to go to school tomorrow!

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

The week started off with our Year 6 leaving ceremony on Monday and it was really great to see all my kids come forward to receive their awards.  It’s always a time that is a little sad thinking that lots of your kids are actually heading off to Intermediate next year.

The following day we had our final prize giving and I’d chosen Jimah and Sonny to receive awards.  They’re both really great boys and in fact I saw Jimah’s parents in the supermarket today and they said he’d been quite tearful at the end of the week knowing he wasn’t coming back to primary school again.

Here’s a closer look at the beginning of the week:Left_1

I know lots of people who are participating in the ‘Elf on a Shelf’ project this year but I hadn’t been able to find an elf I liked so Toby and I are doing ‘Dog on a Log’ instead with a very cute wee fellow called Dougal.  He’s been up to all sorts of things and this afternoon he even had a visit from an elf!

On Tuesday night one of my night classes went out for dinner and we had a lovely time choosing all our ingredients and watching them being cooked at Gengy’s.  The fruity cocktails were pretty tasty too!

Toby saw Mikayla get out the ice cream from the freezer the other day and quick as a flash he RAN to sit in front of her!  He knows that he only gets treats if he sits and he didn’t want to miss out this time!

Here’s a look at the second half of the week:Right_1

On Thursday night my other night class group went out for dinner at the new Kurious Kiwi restaurant and it was pretty delicious!  We spent three hours chatting, laughing and talking about all our holiday plans!

On Friday my classroom was completely packed up and on the lino ready for the carpet cleaners to come in next week.  It’s going to be really nice heading back to school next year knowing that everything is fresh and clean!

My sister also hit a milestone this week and has opened up a little retail store selling scrapbooking tools, dies and stamps.  She’s worked really hard to make it happen and I’m super proud of her!

Meanwhile I’ve got several projects on the go… and they all involve lots of photos.  I’m going to be really busy for the next couple of weeks getting everything done but it’s going to be so worthwhile to see the finished products!

Here’s my creative piece for the week:Creativity_1

I found some cute Christmas chalkboard downloads the other day so I printed one out as a 3 x 4 and then added a Prima poinsettia that I had in my stash.  It’s pretty simple but it was exactly what I was aiming for.

So that’s my pages for this week… there’s only two more weeks to go before the end of the year and I’m really pleased to say that I’ve kept it going all year. 

I hope you all have a safe and happy week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx