Sunday 13 January 2013

Project Life: Week 2 and inserts

Hi everyone :)

It’s been a HUGE week here!  I was quite surprise myself at how much has happened in just 7 days.  One of the things about being on school holidays is that the days can take on completely different things than my ‘normal’ life.

Here’s an overview of the week:Full_1

As many of you know I’ve taken on Ali Edwards’ One Little Word project this year and so far it’s been AMAZING!  I’m quite blown away by variety of ways my word CHOICES has been presenting itself in my life.

I started off the week writing down some really specific intentions for myself and actually all four of them have been presenting themselves frequently this week so I’m a happy girl.

Lots of this week has been about cars!  On Monday I actually bought a new car!  I’m super happy with it and it drives like a dream :)  I traded in my white car so that was good but I still had my ‘green machine’ on the front lawn since May.  On Monday afternoon someone knocked on the door and actually asked about the car and by Thursday it was all theirs… it’s the end and beginning of another chapter in my life.

Here’s a closer look at the start of my week:Left_1

I’m making an effort to make healthier food at the moment and my chicken and spinach wraps were yummy!  Nina and I did shout ourselves to a hot chocolate in town on Tuesday though and her friend surprised both of us with some impromptu writing on our drinks LOL

On Wednesday, four of us got together for a digital scrapping day and it was a good opportunity to share what we’ve all learnt… and of course it’s always good to spend time with friends! 

I’ve been playing around with making my own Photoshop templates and I made one that I really like and now is proudly on my wall!

Speaking of walls… now would be a good opportunity to show you the first of my inserts.  I finally got my fireplace wall in the lounge painted and it’s turned out exactly as I’d hoped. 

Here’s the front of the insert:

wall insert front copy_1

And here’s the back:

wall insert back copy_1

In between all the painting there were lots of other things happening… I think I could have easily have filled three double layouts this week!

Here’s the second half of my week:Right_1

I’m really loving creating wall art at the moment and I’m learning heaps about how layers work.  I’ve just started teaching myself about using textures and overlays too and I’m pretty hooked! 

On Friday night Mikayla took me to see Les Miserables at the movies and it was absolutely awesome!  The actors have really done a fabulous job and I can’t think of anyone better to play each character.  After the movies we went out for dinner and it was such a lovely evening.

On Saturday Mum and I got together with Sheree and Loreen for a day of scrapping and it was lovely.  I didn’t actually achieve much but I did have a fantastic time!  Afterwards, Mum and I shot over to my sisters’ house to see her family and my niece and nephew were in super silly moods so we had a bit of fun with the camera.

Here’s an insert including lots of the silly stuff:

Te maipi visit copy_1

The kids both wanted to take some photos of their own so I let them have a few photos each and here’s what they came up with:

Leila and Reece photos copy_1

So that’s been my week…. cars, painting, photoshop, friends and family.  It’s been great!  I hope you have all had a wonderful week as well xx

4 comments:

  1. Whew you have worn me out with reading all about your Huge week. Sooo happy for you in the Choice of selling your car and buying the new one. Looks awesome..Sad to see the "Green Machine" go, it was a great we car, but it was for the best yes. Will look better with someone behind the wheel, than sitting on the front lawn like a garden Gnome..Nice that you had the girls over for the class, spying Esther there too, love what you have done "4 scrappers Big Trouble" Ikwym, Rofl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fireplace wall looks fab! Are you tempted to paint the fireplace now? LOL I have a hard time knowing when to quit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roxi :) Not tempted to paint the bricks at all but REALLY tempted to paint the rest of the walls... probably in a lighter colour... watch this space LOL

      Delete
  3. Go you. A very productive first week and lots for PL. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx