Sunday 7 April 2013

Project Life: Week 14 and another insert

Hi everyone :)

Yes I’m like the bad penny returning LOL  I’ve been busy since my post this morning sorting out photos and doing some digital stuff and somehow it’s gotten to the end of the day already.

I’ve had a really nice week… and it was nice that it started off with two days away from school due to Easter… although I did go to school for a ‘couple of hours’ on Monday (actually I was there from 8am until 2.30pm)

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

As I already said, I was at school on Monday and Whaea Charlie came in as well.  It’s amazing how much work you can get done without the kids (or other teachers) around.  We had the whole place to ourselves along with full access to the photocopier so it made us very happy campers!

Last week I mentioned that my computer wasn’t running very well… and quite frankly I’ve been worried sick about loosing my files and photos so after we’d finished at school I went down to Dick Smith and bought a 32GB flash drive thinking that I’d be able to fit all my photos on it… ummm NOPE!  My 2012 photo folder actually contains 18.8GB all by itself!

On Tuesday I went back to Dick Smith and bought a 1.5TB external hard drive and now I’ve got everything backed up!  I’ve got tons of room… actually I’ve got 1.5 TRILLION bytes of space for storage… super cool!

Here’s a close up of the beginning of my week:Left_1

On Monday Mikayla wanted me to watch ‘Tangled’ with her.  It’s an animated movie based on the story of Rapunzel and although we started to watch it I just couldn’t keep my eyes open so on Tuesday we finished it off.  It’s a lovely story so if you’ve got young kids, grandkids or you just like watching kids movies I highly recommend it.

For some time now Toby has been treating Mikayla as a ‘lesser person’ than himself and on Tuesday he proved it.  Mikayla was sitting on the sofa with her legs up and Toby went around and pushed her legs and sat right in front of her for a scratch!  He was quite demanding about the whole thing too!

Check out this photo:IMG_6949_1

He looks like he’s howling but in fact he’s just raising his head in pleasure of the scratching!  He’s such a boy!

On Wednesday when I got to school Ngahuia (one of the teachers) had been busy making truffles and she gave me one.  I was super pleased that I had my camera with me because the truffles were gorgeous!  They tasted pretty good too!

On Friday it was Whaea Charlie’s last day and the kids made her a really gorgeous card to farewell her.  She had mentioned that she really liked ‘practical things’ during the five weeks she was with us so instead of getting her flowers and chocolates I got her some things for when she starts teaching her own class… plastic pockets, notepads, paper clips, panadol etc… and she LOVED it!

The gift giving didn’t end there though because she bought the kids a HUGE classroom calculator and she got me a very cool lime green stapler!  Thanks heaps Charlie xx

Here’s a close up of the second half of my week:Right_1

On Friday afternoon the kids got to do the letterbox activity we spent ages preparing on Monday and it was a total success!  It really did feel like all the planning and preparation was worth it… PLUS we didn’t get time to finish the activity so I should be able to do that in the last week of term… BONUS!

On Saturday I went over to Mum’s and did some important things before heading out for a bit of lunch.  You wouldn’t believe it but we both left our cameras back at the house so I can’t show you what we had… but it was really delicious! LOL

Then we spent some time looking around a few shops.  Mum wanted to get some new tops and she’s found that even the smallest women’s sizes are not fitting her very well.  We went into the kids department and there were some tops exactly like what Mum likes so I convinced her to try one on and BINGO!  The length was perfect… the sleeves were perfect… and the neckline was perfect too! 

We also spotted a Daniel O’Donnell CD/DVD collection which had 50% off but when she went to pay for it she got two tops and the CD/DVD for only $15.49!

I also managed a huge bargain!  I needed to get a new duvet inner since ‘Mr Toby’ has managed to de-fluff one side of mine!  They had a really good quality one that is 50% feathers and 50% down for $290... I definitely wasn’t going to pay that much!  Then I saw the sign that said ‘marked down to $115’ so I now have a brand new duvet inner ready for winter!

I also found some neat cooking trays… one is for making little owls (perfect for brownies!) and one is for making mini little puddings (I have something planned for that one too!).  Then at the next shop I got some icing bags, non-stick spray and some nozzle holders for my icing set.

All in all it was a pretty good day!

This week I also did an insert about my One Little Word February project which I finally got finished this week.  For those of you who didn’t see my post this morning, it’s a printers tray that I’ve turned into a vision board and I’m super happy with it. 

I decided to keep the writing to a minimum on my insert because I’ve already written about it in my One Little Word album.  This insert is just to remind me when I actually got the project finished.

Here’s the front of the insert:front insert copy_1

And here’s the back of the insert:back insert copy_1

So that’s been my week.  Lots of school work… lots about the computer (which is playing up really badly tonight!) and lots of retail therapy.  It’s enough to make a grown woman giggle with pleasure!! LOL

Have a great week everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx