Sunday 19 May 2013

Project Life: Week 20

Hi everyone :)

I’ve had some fun events this week like our school cross country and dinner at John and Wendy’s… along with some not so fun stuff like stacking firewood and an NZEI training day… but you have to take the good with the not so good right??

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

This week got off to a great start with our school cross country which we do at the Redwood Forest.  It’s a beautiful setting and the kids really enjoy running the race… well some of them do!  I’ve got a couple of good runners in my class this year and the boys each got 1st in their age group!  Go Room 4!!!

On Tuesday night I finally did the last canvas night class and they were all gorgeous.  Unfortunately these dark nights don’t allow for such good photography but I did get a neat one of Anne working on her canvas.

Here’s a close up of the start of the week:Left_1

During Term 2 my class will be doing a focus on FOOD!  The kids are obviously really keen because they know they are going to learn heaps as well as taste lots of different things.  On Wednesday afternoon we made gingerbeer following an Alison Holst recipe and we’re hoping to be able to drink it next week.  I’ve made it loads of times before so it was a ‘safe’ way to start of the cooking!

In this weeks’ school newsletter Room 4 were the ‘Star Class’ so I decided to go with a photo insert showing lots of the different things we do in Room 4 and it was a bit of a hit with the parents as well as the students.

Toby is very happy at the moment because we’ve got firewood which means he’s lovely and warm… but he wasn’t much help putting it all away… actually I wasn’t much help either because it arrived on Wednesday (Mikayla’s day off tech) and I was still at school until 8pm so she stacked most of it by herself… but I did bring KFC home for dinner LOL

Here’s the second part of the week:Right_1

On Thursday I was on an NZEI training day and it was pretty intensive so I was pleased to be going out to John and Wendy’s for dinner.  After working on the computer with John for a couple of hours we were ready for Wendy’s coq au vin and it was absolutely delicious!  For dessert she did layers of jelly with panna cotta topped with fresh berries and ice cream… absolutely divine!

This week I managed to find the matching teapot to my sugar bowl and milk jug I got a couple of weeks ago and it arrived safe and sound.  I really love the design on it :)

We’ve been without our computers in our room for two weeks now while they sorted out how to keep them safe from the radiators.  Hopefully we’ve got it all sorted now and we’ll be able to use them tomorrow!

Mikayla often shows me funny things she’s found on the internet but when she showed me this photo and said we should get an outfit the same for Toby I was definitely thinking NO!

IMG_2329

Meanwhile, Mikayla decided that Toby’s ‘baby’ HAD to go!  I’ll admit that it smelt pretty manky but he really loved it.  She gave him one of her old bears that has got something stuck to it’s fur but before she did she gave him a little talk. 

Toby was all good with that… and then he saw his ‘baby’ get put into the fireplace and he went mental!  He wanted his baby back and he was not going to take no for an answer.  Fortunately he doesn’t have much of an attention span and after side tracking him with one of his biscuits it was all good LOL

Krystal phoned me last night and she’s been bitten by the baking bug again.  She decided to experiment with some ‘flavour profiles’… LOL picked that one up from Masterchef last night!

Here’s what she came up with:IMG_0979_1

They are chocolate cupcakes with cameral icing and homemade hokey pokey… she even sent me a close up!

IMG_0980_1

Go Krystal!  I bet they taste amazing!

So that’s been my week… and now I’m off to clean up some more of my stamps… loving organising them all at the moment!

Have a great week xx

2 comments:

  1. Awww now Toby would look very cute as a giraffe but wouldn't imagine it would stay on for long. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Not so sure 'cute' would be how Toby would look but it definitely wouldn't last for very long at all!

      Delete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx