Sunday, August 18, 2013

Project Life: Week 33

Hi everyone :)

Somehow my Sunday afternoons seems to be going by quicker and quicker… is it just ‘old age’ or is time speeding up?  Please say it’s just time speeding up LOL

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

Thankfully we haven’t had much in the way of earthquakes up this way… although a few people felt them around town.  It’s quite scary what is happening with the earthquakes and I’ve just got my fingers crossed that Rotorua isn’t in for a ‘big one’.

I started off the week at home with a ‘virus’… apparently it was ‘nothing to worry about’ but it certainly knocked me around for a few days… and to be perfectly honest the tiredness is still very much with me.

While I was at home I did manage to do some art journal backgrounds as well as my seahorse/water dragon page which was on my blog earlier this week.

Here’s a close up of the start of the week:Left_1

I got an email from the Rotorua District Council to say that Toby’s registration was overdue.  Unfortunately I never received his actual registration paperwork which is why I hadn’t done it.  It turns out that they’d emailed it to me but it had never arrived.  He is now registered and all sorted until July next year.

Meanwhile, Toby had a big fright when the wind picked up quite quickly and knocked his Toby house right over and into the garden.  I don’t think there’s much chance he will go into it again.

I’ve also caught up on a couple of projects and some reading.  I’ve been really enjoying Cathy Kelly’s books again.  And when I wasn’t reading, or doing housework, or sorting out stuff… I was getting school work done!

Here’s a closer look at the second half of my week:Right_1

One of our school families tragically lost their baby daughter this week and they requested some colourful hearts to decorate the school hall for the funeral.  My class were keen to help out.

On Friday night, we had our art auction and I was thrilled to bits when I won a big painting that I really loved.  It’s going to go up on my lounge wall.  During the auction Mum turned up for a surprise visit and we decided to go out for dinner.  Between us we had two really good cameras and somehow we ended up with absolutely no photos because we were so busy enjoying ourselves!

Toby has been making lots of mess and he’s quite keen to see where all his ‘treasures’ go.  He got a bit of sneak peek because I’d washed the filter for the Shark so he got his nose in there to check it all out.

Yesterday I got another art journal page done… super happy with it and I’ll share it in more detail on Tuesday.  It was super simple to pack up when I was done because the baskets are really working for me!

Yesterday afternoon Mikayla decided to make churros (a Spanish/Mexican donut).  They’re very moreish and easy to snack on but last night I woke up with a huge ‘sugar hangover’ and felt really sick… now I know how the kids feel at Easter and Halloween!

So that’s been my week… it’s gone by super fast!  If you’re in the earthquake struck parts of New Zealand I wish you all a safe week!

Take care xx


  1. Hope you are feeling better for this week. You really aren't having much luck with Toby houses are you?? ;)

    1. LOL Vicki :) Absolutely no luck at all with Toby houses! He's totally determined to be in the 'big house' no matter what LOL


Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx