Friday 27 September 2013

Feel Good Friday

Hi everyone :)

It’s definitely a ‘Feel Good’ day for me as by 3pm this afternoon the school holidays will begin!  I’m looking forward to spending some time with my family, doing creative projects and of course the Scrapbook Dreams October Retreat!

Today’s post starts off with a little trip down ‘memory lane’.  During my childhood I used to write letters to Nana (my great grandmother) and she kept EVERY one of them!  Mum showed them all to me and it was like having a little documentation of my life as a kid… what I experienced, what I thought and also what my handwriting looked like growing up.

Here’s a letter that I wrote when I was quite young… notice the use of ‘b’ and ‘d’… love it!

Week 39 - Nana's letter copy

Dear Nana,

How are you?  I am well.  In spring the blossoms are being pink and white.  The Sinton’s are having new baby lambs and Daddy is getting cows in with how bady calves.  Our hosue is nearly finished.  It is being painteb and when we went to the zoo

Love from Shelley

Clearly I rubbed out what happened when we went to the zoo… I’d love to know what I was going to say!

Spring has definitely arrived around our house and although we don’t have any ‘bady calves’ we do have blossoms that ‘are being pink and white’ so here’s my layout dedicated to spring blossoms:

week 39 - spring blossoms copy

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday xx

3 comments:

  1. WOW what a treasure having those letters. Pink & White Spring blossoms - aaahhh - we are moving into Autumn with golds & oranges. I would rather the Pinks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I really like spring... I think it's the promise that summer isn't too far away LOL

      Delete
  2. Its awesome that she kept all your letters - what a treasure that is. Love spring blossoms - they are my favourite and still got a couple here to burst into flower.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx