Sunday 29 September 2013

Project Life: Week 39

Hi everyone :)

I had planned on writing this blog post at Krystal’s place today since I was headed there for the weekend but things didn’t work out quite how we planned. 

Last Sunday I bought Toby a new bed… and it’s great!  He’s starting off each night on his own bed but the little bugger keeps sneaking up onto my bed during the night. 

On Saturday morning I got woken up at 3am by a very unhappy puppy (are they still considered a puppy when they’re 2?)  He was whimpering and obviously in pain but I couldn’t see anything wrong.  Neither of us got any more sleep and he was pretty upset. 

We finally got into the vet at 11.30 by which time I could see that his back leg was getting quite swollen.  Turns out he’s torn a ligament and he’s now on ‘bed rest’ (Yeah Right!) along with a course of anti-inflammatory tablets and painkillers.

We’ve had a very quiet weekend at home and he’s doing a lot of sleeping (although there’s nothing unusual about that). 

Anyway, here’s the overview of my week:Full_1

Of course it was the last week of Term 3 this week and boy did we pack a lot into the week.  We had several projects to complete, Field Days on Tuesday and the Year 6 orientation visit to Kaitao Intermediate on Monday.

It’s always exciting for the Year 6 kids to see where they might be going the next year… but it’s also when some of them get a bit worried about moving on.  As usual, I had a good look around their art room and picked up a few ideas that I might be able to use.

On Tuesday we were supposed to be participating at Field Days which is when all the local primary schools get together to play winter sports.  Unfortunately it was cancelled as the weather was due to get really bad around lunch time.  We decided to have our own mini Field Days at our school and the kids loved it.  We gave them their sports uniforms and did prize giving at the end just to make it as real as possible and I think the kids really appreciated the effort we went to for them.

Here’s a close up of the first part of my week:Left_1

The weather did in fact turn nasty around lunchtime on Tuesday and the boys were really keen to get out the blocks we use for maths which was fine by me.   They made all sorts of things and had a great time!

We spent most of the afternoon working on our environment posters and the kids did a pretty good job of working in teams to get things completed.  Meanwhile, I spent rather a lot of time sharpening colouring pencils so they could use them!

When I got home from school the other day there were two more parcels for me from Fishpond and I have to say that I’ve been very impressed with their service.  All my books have now arrived and I’m thrilled with my purchases!

Here’s a look at the second part of my week:Right_1

Te Kaka (he was the one who represented Room 4 in our Masterchef competition last term) baked and iced us a cake for the last day of school and it was terrific!  It had a jelly frosting that was pink, gooey and delicious!

We spent the morning watching a DVD as half my class were out being tested for their Intermediate applications and class placements for next year.  While they were busy doing that, I got busy mounting all the artwork we’ve been finishing… including all the artwork I did with Room 1.

We ended the day with a game of flags on the field and the afternoon was really lovely and warm.  It actually was a great way to end the term.

You already know what I’ve been up to this weekend with His Royal Highness but I will tell you that he’s wary of ‘crunchy’ food at the moment.  He hasn’t quite figured out that he only got ‘puppy meat’ this morning because he needed to take his tablets LOL

I hope you’ve all had a fab weekend xx

p.s. I’ll be away at the Scrapbook Dreams October Retreat next weekend so I probably won’t get Project Life updated until Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear poor Toby :( Enjoy your holidays - I think you have earned them after your busy term

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx