Saturday 30 November 2013

Feel Good Friday

Hi everyone :)

I’m a bit late posting my Feel Good Friday this week… no excuses… just busy with writing reports at the moment.

Last Friday when I was down in Gisborne with my sister and her family I had the opportunity to watch my nephews and niece perform in the Kapahaka Festival and it was wonderful.  I was super proud of my ‘babies’ as they did their waiata and haka. 

They looked fantastic in their Kapahaka outfits and their Dad had given them each a special taonga to wear.  They were so proud of them.

This week the kids from my school were in the Rotorua Kapahaka Festival and lots of them were wearing greenstone taonga from their families. 

With all the cultural events going on lately I thought it would be a good opportunity to create a page dedicated to the special treasures connected with these events and here is what I came up with:week 48 - greenstone

I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx