Sunday 1 December 2013

Project Life: Week 47

Hi everyone :)

The weeks are flying by so quickly that they’re almost a blur.  If you’ve been following my blog you’ll know that there’s been plenty of excitement and changes happening in my life recently but here’s a look at last week… the calm before the storm LOLFull_1

The week started off with lots of work happening on our Bay of Plenty travel brochures.  The kids did a really fantastic job and there was so much learning involved.

We also spent quite a bit of time putting up tents in small groups.  Some of my kids are quite good at working out the ins and outs of tents and for some it was their first time ever putting up a tent.  They certainly enjoyed the hands on activities!

Here’s a closer look at the beginning of my week:Left_1

You might remember when I purchased four hours of gardening services on Grab One.  Well I booked the time and decided that I really wanted the blackberry cleared from the top garden.  I actually remembered to take ‘before’ photos in the morning and I was really stoked to come home and find the entire garden done.  The ladies did such a wonderful job!

On Wednesday it was our senior school athletics day.  I was in charge of the high jump and my first group were the 9 year old girls.  Thankfully I grabbed a photo of them at the end of the event because I didn’t take any more photos for the rest of the day.  One great thing was that I came away with a bit of a tan!

On Thursday we had the Minstrel visit our school with his Hiwi the Kiwi road show.  This time the show was all about being safe while fishing and the kids really enjoyed it.  They produced a book which includes a CD of all the songs from the show so I decided to get a copy for myself.  The kids certainly love singing the songs!

Here’s a close up of the second part of my week:Right_1

After school on Thursday I headed down to Gisborne for a job interview for a teaching position next year.  It was great timing because my niece and nephews were all performing in the Kapahaka Festival and they were pretty thrilled to have Auntie in the audience.  We spent the entire day watching waiata and haka performances and it was fantastic.

I also managed to get a chance to put my car through the car wash and was pretty pleased with how clean it looks now.  I even vacuumed it and the carpet now smells of ‘Beach Breeze’ LOL

Toby sent me a telepathic message to tell me to buy some cool things I saw in a gift shop and the lady at the counter was kind enough to gift wrap them for him… he’s super generous this year!

Several weeks ago I ordered some new art supplies for my Creative Chemistry 102 class and had them delivered to my sisters’ place.  I picked them up while I was staying with her but made myself a promise not to touch them until my reports were done… and I’ve stuck to the promise!! 

On that note I need to go and finish the final editing on my reports because I’m itching to get into those art supplies!!

Happy Sunday xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx