Wednesday 30 December 2015

December Daily: Dec 26

Luckily for us Boxing Day was absolutely stunning!  We'd organised a bike ride with Janice and Tony (Mike's Mum and her husband).  They've got a Harley trike and they both really enjoy getting out and about.

Just prior to Christmas I'd bought a food magazine... Nourish... that advertised Blueberry Corner over near Whakatane so we decided to make that our destination.

It was a gorgeous day for a ride and the lakes looked spectacular.  There were people there with their boats and jet skis and I really enjoyed seeing the paddle boarders go for it!

When we reached Blueberry Corner we had a drink in their outdoor picnic area.  I really liked the cool retro cup and saucer my hot chocolate came in.

Since they didn't have a full cafe we decided to head somewhere else for lunch... and just up the road we stumbled across the Whitehouse Cafe... we had a lovely lunch although the Moroccan lamb burger wasn't as spicy as we'd been expecting.


After lunch Janice and Tony headed back to Tauranga and we headed back to Rotorua.  Mike had a project going through his head and he used the time on the bike to think how he was going to get it done.  By the time we got home he had it all worked out and this is what he made:

 Planter boxes made from old pallets

Michael spent the rest of the day taking old pallets apart and reusing them to make herb boxes for the deck.  I especially like the first one he made... maybe it was the blue colour! 

Toby and Dougal weren't a lot of help but once they were made Dougal realised that they'd make an excellent hiding place for him!


For my creative pieces I've gone for super simple.  The date stars ended with '25' so I decided to just die cut the rest of the numbers using Tim Holtz' Chip Block die.  I added a few cork stars and the 'Oh What Fun' is from Heidi Swapp's ephemera pack.

Since we went out for lunch and coffees I chose a coffee cup file from the Silhouette shop and just added a cork star to the finished piece.

It definitely feels like Christmas is over now... we've still got the tree up but I suspect we'll take it down in the next couple of days.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your days are joyful and relaxing xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx