Tuesday 26 April 2016

Something different... but still some gnomes!

Hi there :)

I recently discovered a You Tube tutorial by Jennifer McGuire about partial die cutting.  What instantly caught my attention was her use of the little gnomes I've been using.  I really wanted to give it a go so I watched the video several times.  If you want to see it for yourself you can check it out here:

Jennifer explains everything REALLY well so I gathered my supplies and got started.
  • Attempt 1 = epic fail!
  • Attempt 2 = epic fail!
So I went back to the video again and really paid attention and my third attempt was MUCH better although the die still cut further in, than I was happy with.  I did however take my attempt, coloured it with Distress Markers and turned it into a card that I'm pretty pleased with.


Then I put the card aside while I was doing a few card challenges... and then yesterday afternoon I decided to give it another go so it was back to the video and I realised exactly what I needed to do.

I die cut and stamped another gnome and it turned out perfectly!  This time I coloured him using Peerless watercolours and I love how he turned out!


And here's my cards side by side.  I really love the vibrancy of the Peerless watercolours!


Thanks so much for visiting my blog xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx