Wednesday 27 April 2016

Gnome note cards

Yesterday when I went into my craft room I was DETERMINED to stamp something other than a gnome... and I did... and then I decided a cute little gnome (from My Favorite Things)  would finish off the card perfectly!

In the end I just accepted that the gnome wanted to be on the card and I got busy colouring with my Peerless watercolours and I had a thoroughly good time... I even remembered to take some progress photos.

First of all I grabbed out a Fiskars stamp from my stash that I've had for several years and never stamped... really enjoying going through my stash and 'rediscovering' hidden treasures.

I decided to use the big daisy flower along with the stalk and leaf so I grabbed out my MISTI stamping tool (which is PERFECT when you are making multiple cards).

I stamped and heat embossed all of the images as I went.  First off was the daisy flower:

Next I masked off the flower with a Post It note and then stamped the stalk and leaf.

And then my little gnome friend kept calling me so I stamped him as well!

I decided that I wanted to add a simple sentiment to complete the stamping.

I'm still learning how to work with the Peerless watercolours and these notecards provided a good canvas to work on... lovely open areas and easy to shade images.

I made four notecards and decided to colour them each slightly differently so they could still be a set.  First up I coloured all of the daisy flowers.  The flowers are really vibrant and they really were super simple to shade for areas of dark and light.

Then I coloured the gnome faces with Warm Sepia... if you use the colour sparingly it actually does come out the right shade.

The next step was to colour the gnomes.  I decided to do all their pants, hats, shoes and belts the same colour and just change the colour of their shirts.  As you can see I also added some 'grass' along the base of each card... again using the Peerless watercolours but this time with a soft, wide paint brush.

I layered each card front onto a piece of Kraft cardstock.




And here are the cards all together... love looking at them on my shelf!

I really do think it's time to move along from the gnomes for a bit... and luckily for me the courier arrived a few minutes ago with a parcel of stamping goodies!  I think it might be time to head into my art studio!

Thanks for stopping by xx

1 comment:

  1. CUTE factor X 100 on those cards. You must have a very steady hand to paint within the lines. I totally agree those gnomes "needed" to be on the cards with the daisy. Cannot wait to see what the post person delivered.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx