I really like that the flowers fill up most of the card and there's lots of sentiments to choose from which makes it a very versatile set.
I decided to start off by stamping the flowers with Versamark and then heat embossing the image. I did one using white embossing powder and one with Ranger's Queen Gold powder.
I decided to watercolour the stamped images with Distress Ink because I wanted them to be lovely and soft. For the white embossed image I used Rusty Hinge, Dried Marigold, Bundled Sage and Forest Moss Distress Ink along with my water brush.
When I was happy with my colouring I added some Evergreen Bough Distress Ink around the image to give a bit of depth. The sun is pouring through my art room windows which makes it lovely and warm but not the best for taking photos.
Next I took the Queens Gold embossed image and coloured it using Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany, Bundled Sage and Forest Moss Distress Ink.
The two images feel quite different... the Rusty Hinge/Dried Marigold card feels light and fresh while the Victorian Velvet/Aged Mahogany card feels quite vintagey... I'm not sure if it's the colours or the embossing powder... probably a combination of the two.
Once I had all the colouring done I left them to air dry and I chose a couple of sentiments which I stamped with black ink onto some watercolour paper off-cuts. Then I trimmed them up and added them to the card fronts along with some tiny rhinestones.
Here's how the cards turned out (if you click on the photos you'll be able to see the detail much clearer):
And here they are again:
It's been a very productive morning in my art room... I've got a horrible head cold which kept me home from work yesterday but the sun shining in through the windows this morning is fabulous!
Thanks for visiting xx