Friday 23 December 2016

Finishing off 30 Days of Thankful... and a wee story about safety!

I've finally found a few minutes to share my last few days from the 30 Days of Thankful project.  I'm actually pretty pleased with myself for getting it finished... especially since I didn't even start a December Daily album for this year!

Nov 27: Having some quiet time to create

Before I share November 28th with you there's a little bit of background to this one.  While I was working away in my studio on the 27th Michael and his nephew (Lane) were busy building a new fence on the top of the brick wall.  They'd actually started it the day before and at one stage Michael was up a ladder... balanced between the wall and the ladder... with a chainsaw that has NO automatic cutoff... and wearing NO safety equipment... and only JANDALS on his feet!

I told Michael I was 'less than impressed' with his attitude towards safety... especially since Lane looks up to his Uncle and likes to do what he does... and he promptly told me that he 'would be fine'!

The following day (Nov 28th) Lane returned to help his Uncle on the fence.  I said to Lane that his Uncle was NOT a good role model about safety and told him that if I ever caught him doing what his Uncle was doing he would be in 'big trouble' and he very obediently said 'yes Auntie'.  I left them to it and carried on with my creativity.

Less than an hour later I heard a big crash... followed by a thump of something landing on the ground... followed by some 'bad words'... and of course I came running. What was I met with???  Michael lying... in the fetal position... on the gravel driveway... cursing!  And that's when it happened... as soon as I knew that Michael was actually ok... as in there were no broken bones... I got a fit of the giggles.  It started with a little smile and then a grin... and then I had a few giggles... which then turned into a full blown attack of laughter!  I couldn't help it... for some reason laughter was my reaction.  

Lane (who had gone upstairs to the toilet) came running when he heard Michael land and curse and then he saw me laughing and the poor kid didn't know what to do.  We got Michael upstairs to the bathroom and I used the shower hose over the bath to clean all the gravel out of his elbow and leg.  Meanwhile the blood was pouring and I was still laughing.  Michael was cringing but I have to tell you that at no point did he CRY... he said that it's important that people know that!

Next I got the tweezers and starting picking bits of gravel out of his elbow and I have to admit that I was less than gentle.  Poor Lane said... 'I hope I never get hurt around you Auntie'... to which I replied... 'You wouldn't be stupid enough to do what your Uncle did Lane'... at which point he looked at me quite doubtfully and kept his mouth shut. 

Michael has since made a complete recovery although he does have some scars left on his leg that will heal in time.

Nov 28: Michael not being more injured

Nov 29: Being able to keep in touch

Nov 30: My family

I want to share with you the card I made on the 27th.  I love how it turned out... actually I liked it so much that it's still on my craft table because I didn't want to give it away LOL

December has been a bit of a whirlwind and I didn't get through any of the crafting and creating projects I had in mind but I did manage to whip up a little something via Photoshop to share with you today... 

Merry Christmas from our family to yours xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh Shell - what a reaction!! I love your story... sorry/not sorry Michael. Glad all was ok in the end though.
    Christmas blessings to you and yours
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas. Glad that Michael is ok. We get one moment for safety & a lifetime of regret!

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx