Hi there :) I've been playing around in my craft room again... mostly because I got a new parcel of goodies that were just crying out to be used immediately! It also helped that Nina came for a crafting visit :)
Here's the card I made using My Favorite Things - Polynesian Paradise stamps and dies:
I totally love how it turned out... and you'll definitely be seeing more cards made with this fabulous set of stamps and dies! I took a few 'in the process' photos to share with you as well.
The stamps and dies from the Polynesian Paradise set actually arrived before Easter so I already had lots of pre-coloured (with my Zig Clean Colour Markers) and cut images ready to be used for this card but my new package of goodies had the leaf dies in them so I started with that.
First of all I grabbed some watercolour paper and inked it up with Bundled Sage, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. I did a bit of watercolouring first but then I realised I wanted something a bit more intense so I dropped the Bundled Sage out of the equation and did some ink blending with the other two colours... so much better!
Next I unpackaged by brand new Wild Greenery die set and die cut some leaves... this die cut so smoothly and the leaves looked awesome.
I added a bit more Distress Ink to the leaves once they were cut to give them a bit of a lift.
Then I started on the background. I die cut a piece of kraft cardstock using my Lawn Fawn small stitched rectangles die... I use this die set ALL the time when I'm making cards. Then I decided to use my brand new Diagonal Design Background stamp from My Favorite Things. I stamped it with my new Kraft dye ink (also from My Favorite Things) and I really, really like the kraft on kraft effect... it's subtle but adds so much interest.
Now for the fun part... actually 'building' the card! I die cut a circle from Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots paper pad using my new Inside and Out stitched Circle dies... I'll be using these ones again for sure! Then I curved a couple of the palm leaves around the circle and adhered them in place.
Luckily at this point I realised that I wanted to stamp and emboss a sentiment on my card so I quickly did it before I added even more layers!
Then I literally started adding all my stamped elements until I was happy with the arrangement. Some are stuck down with Multi Medium Matte and some have been adhered using thin foam dots. I also added a 'googly' eye to the turtle before backing the whole thing with some purple cardstock.
Then I popped the entire card front onto a side fold card... but something was missing and I just couldn't figure out what it was...
.... oh yes, a 'googly' eye for the chameleon as well! Here's another look at my finished card (with both 'googly' eyes in place).
So pleased with how it all turned out... and I even went on to make another card but by the time I'd finished it the lighting was terrible for taking a photo so I'll have to share that with you next time.
Here's a wee photo from my new craft room yesterday... thanks Nina for coming to visit :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog today xx