During the Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge I've been having a really good time with my newly acquired 'Witch way is the Candy?' stamp and die set. I've been colouring some of the images in traditional Halloween colours (orange, green and purple) and then I hit on the idea of a monochromatic colour scheme using Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke Distress inks... and I LOVE the results. In fact, I love the results so much that I've decided to enter my card in MFT's Card Design competition (click on the pic to read all the details):
After reading what was required for each different category... and a bit of gentle persuasion from a fellow colouring challenge creator (thanks Patricia)... I decided to enter my card into the 'Coloring Virtuoso' section.
Whether your preferred medium is paint, marker, or pencil, coloring is a skill you’ve honed since those early years spent with Crayolas and a favorite coloring book. The MFT collection of images is vast, so now is your opportunity to show off your exceptional coloring skills!
Here's my entry - A Halloween Hello
My Favorite Things products used:
- Blueprints 27 - scallop die for glitter card and banner for sentiment
- Blueprints 29 - stitched rectangle for galaxy background
- Witch way is the Candy? - stamped images (witch, pumpkin, frog and moon)
- Witch way is the Candy? dies - to die cut stamped images
The galaxy background was created using Gansai Tambi paints... totally love how it turned out!
All of the stamped images were coloured using Distress Inks:
- Twisted Citron - frogs eyes
- Antique Linen and Tattered Rose - witch face and hand
- Hickory Smoke and Pumice Stone - all other colouring including sentiment banner
The witch and frog are both popped up on foam for some extra dimension and the cute little witch broom that was used as a prop is from - Tim Holtz Idea-ology BROOMSTICKS... super cute and just perfect for this card.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog xx