Friday 22 September 2017

The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge - the first 10 days!

Hi there :)  I've been taking part in the 30 Day Colouring Challenge held by Kathy R and I'm really enjoying myself.  I've actually been getting a lot more time in my craft room and making a conscious effort to be more productive with my crafting... of course, going on a craft retreat last weekend helped as well!

I thought I'd update you with how things have gone during the first 10 days so here goes:

 

Day1

Background created with Distress Inks on watercolour paper.

Images from MFT Mermazing stamp set.  Colouring the skin with Distress Ink.

 

Day 2

Rocks, shells and fish from MFT Mermazing and some more Distress Ink colouring.

 

Day 3

Finished the mermaids I started on Day 1.

 

Day 4

Finished card - this one was for one of Michael's nieces who just celebrated her 21st birthday.

Another finished card - this one was a commission card for a twelve year old who is planning on being a marine biologist when she leaves school.

 

Day 5

First stamping with MFT Witch way is the Candy? stamps... I don't celebrate Halloween but I couldn't resist that cute little witch!  Images coloured with Distress Inks.

 

Day 6

Images from MFT Grave Situation... loving the combo of Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke Distress Inks for the tomb stones.

Die cutting the coloured images from Day 5.  They look different when you cut them out!

 

Day 7

A few more images from MFT Grave Situation and Witch way is the Candy? stamps... and a bit more of the Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke Distress Inks.

 

Day 8

Having a go at doing a monochromatic look using Distress Inks on the witch... really loving the look of this style.

 

Day 9

See what I mean about how different the images look once they're cut out??  

Here's a finished card with the Witch way is the Candy? images.  This is the card that I entered into the MFT Card Design Competition which is only hours away from closing!

Here's a close up of the card:
All stamps and dies are from MFT... you can see all the details HERE.

 

Day 10

Another finished card featuring more of the coloured images from MFT Witch way is the Candy? and Grave Situations.  The big spiderweb background is cut from black glitter cardstock and die cut with  MFT's Spiderweb dienamic.  I love how it sparkles!

So there you have it... 10 days of colouring.  This represents a whole lot of fun and creativity... and a big chunk of Happy as well :)

Thanks for visiting my blog today xx... and feel free to leave me a comment :)

2 comments:

  1. What great projects and stunning results from your colouring Shell - well done in keeping up - I have not managed that, but have done better than the last time I tried!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved having a really close look at your cards and colouring at the retreat. The monochromatic witch card is simply stunning and quite possibly my favourite. Clever Girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx