Sunday 28 April 2019

Can you say 'neigh'??

Like a lot of toddlers... my little Doodlebug LOVES animals!  She just loves it when Toby gets all excited when she arrives... although he still doesn't like her 'touching' him.  Remember when she was tiny and he used to watch over her??



Then one day little Doodlebug ROLLED OVER and touched Toby... you would have thought he'd been touched by a branding iron!  Honestly... this boy knows no bounds when it comes to making complaints.

The first time Doodlebug crawled Toby went totally mental... you could almost hear him saying... Mum she MOVED!!  And then she started to WALK... Oh Dear God!

Now Miss Doodlebug RUNS and Toby just doesn't know where to put himself out of her reach.  She always says 'Puppy... gentle'.... and then tries to grab him.  She also has started calling him 'Toby' which is very cute... but we need to work on what 'gentle' actually means.

It's much the same where she is living... there's a cat.  Doodlebug is very fond of the cat... she wants to PLAY with the cat... but the cat doesn't really want to play with HER!  Their current game involves being outside... the cat running away.... Doodlebug running after the cat calling 'meow meow'... the cat disappearing over the fence... Doodlebug crying... oh dear!

Doodlebug has a couple of puzzles at Nana's house which she loves and one of her favourites is the farm animal puzzle.  She can say 'cow' and 'moo'... she can say 'chicken' and flap her little arms like wings... she tries to say 'sheep' and 'goat'...

Fitzgerald Glade
..and she's almost got 'horse' worked out too.

Which brings me back to... can you say neigh??? 

I've been seeing lots of Quiet Books on the internet lately and I love how interactive they are.... SO... I've started making one for Doodlebug's 2nd birthday in July... YES time has flown and she's going to be TWO YEARS OLD in July!!  Unbelievable!

I started looking around the internet for some ideas of what Doodlebug might like and I came across this picture:
Picture found on Pinterest
 Oh YES!!  I loved it straight away... the design... the colours... it looked great.  And if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure that Patron PDF means there's a pattern... Yippee!! So I clicked on the link and it took me to an Etsy store that told me:

This item is unavailable.

But I WANT this item... what do you MEAN it's unavailable... I NEED it to make my Doodlebug a horse page.

Ok... think.... I MUST be able to work around this somehow.  I know... I'll print the picture out to the right size and TRACE it!  Yep it worked... for most of it at least.  The only part I really had issues with was the horses head but after a LOT of tweaking I had something that I was happy with.

Here's a photo of my finished page... like I said... Can you say neigh???

I bet you're scrolling up and down to see how my page resembles the one I copied LOL

I took LOTS of photos of the process... and then I thought... let me see if I can make a 'quick little video' so that you can see all the inter-activeness of the page. Ha Ha Ha... what a joke!  My quick little video did in fact take less then a minute to film... and then it's taken over 3 HOURS to make it look like something semi professional.  So here's my 'quick little video':


 Actually... I'm feeling ridiculously proud of my efforts... both the sewing and the video making :)

This Quiet Book stuff is a little like scrapbooking except using fabric and felt. The finished page is 20 x 20 cm so it's pretty close to an 8 x 8.

I'm 'sew' happy now!  Sorry... couldn't resist that one!


6 comments:

  1. Oh Shell what a fabulous page ... are you making a whole book? Well done on the video as well as the page.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maxine :) The plan is to make a whole book for Miss Doodlebugs birthday. I've got an 'umbrella' page in the making :)

      Delete
  2. hahahaha....how did you guess! Of course I scrolled, couldn't resist. Beautifully done Shell. Doodlebug will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette :) Laughed about the scrolling... I would have done the exact same thing!

      Delete
  3. I was thrilled to see this page in real life - can't wait to see (read play with) the finished book! Good job Miss Shell! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx