Sunday 21 April 2019

She's off on a tangent again!

Hi... and happy Easter!

We've had a lovely morning here with little Miss Doodlebug opening her Easter eggs... she clearly said 'mmmm' when she was tasting the chocolate! When Auntie Krystal opened her chocolate Miss Chloe rushed up to her and said 'please'.  Auntie decided that no more chocolate would be consumed in front of a certain Little Miss.


I've been thinking about my blog quite a bit lately... wondering if I should just leave it... or should I carry on with it.  Wondering what it would take to make me 'want' to update it more often.  Thinking maybe enough is enough and I should just call it quits... and then something happens and I feel like I want to share it.

I've just been away with Krystal and Chloe for a few days and there were a few thoughts percolating away in the back of my brain... musings... wonderings... you get the drift.  And then it hit me... I wanted to change the name of my blog!

When I started my blog way back in 2007 the title 'My Time' seemed so appropriate... between my job, the girls, family commitments, time with friends etc etc it was nice to think that I could sit at my computer and have a little bit of 'me time' to share what I was doing... or making.  Over the years things have changed but 'My Time' still felt really appropriate... until now that is.

Now it's just me and Toby at home so I'm able to have lots of 'me time'... which I really enjoy.  So then I started to think about what I wanted to call my blog and within a little while the light bulb went off in my brain... On a Tangent!

I've often heard people say to (and about) me... 'she's off on one of her tangents again'.  The reality is that I'm INTERESTED!  I'm interested in lots of things.  Some things interest me for a long time... some things interest me for a day... or a week... or maybe a month... and then I'm off on the next tangent.  Sometimes I have several tangents all happening at once... and sometimes I'm more focused on just one thing.

So I've renamed by blog: On a Tangent


I'll be back later with one of my latest tangents... coconut yoghurt!  Delicious!!!


p.s. I spent a ridiculous amount of time changing the signature for my blog posts... mostly because I couldn't remember HOW I'd done it last time... Thank goodness for Auntie Google!  Along with 'going off on tangents' I'm also conscious of not putting 'all my eggs in one basket'.

4 comments:

  1. haha..."Going off on a Tangent" must be a family trait. I enjoy your blogs so even though they don't come through often, it's a nice surprise to see them and "catch up". Little Miss Chloe is certainly growing up. She is soooo cute. Take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I think you may be right Jeanette... I come from a long line of deviaters :)

      Delete
  2. I don't mind what you name your blog, Shell, but I do enjoy your ramblings and tangents! I am on my own now, too, and some days I hate it, and other days it's o.k. - it's still a bit raw to be on my own after 43 years married.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear your news Maxine. Sending you a virtual hug xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx