Saturday 29 November 2008

ATC's and Inchies

Well Miss Krystal has now officially finished school for the year! She had her last exam on Thursday afternoon and now she's done until next year :) It's been a LOT of hard work but she's really pleased with her efforts... and so is her Mum!

I've been participating in lots of swaps over the past couple of months with Scrapbook Dreams so I thought I'd share some of my creativity with you.
One of the ATC swaps we did was using the theme 'Celebrities'... and since I'm a huge fan of Tim Holtz I decided to do my ATC using his techniques (and his photo of course LOL).

I emailed my ATC to Tim (who is very quick to send replies!) and here's what he sent back:

these are great shell – thanks for sharing them with me….
excellent work!

-tim

Yep, I was a pretty happy scrapper with that response!

Next up is my Christmas ATC... I found a great image on the net and went for a vintagy theme. There's lots of layering in this ATC, a bit of embossing, loads of inking and a few embellishments. We have also been doing some 'inchie' swaps! We've been doing 3 x 3 inch tiles with 9 participants so that when we're finished we can put them on a 12 x 12 canvas for display. Here's my Christmas one:

I really like this one because the photo is just so gorgeous! I used lots of ink, some stamping, and a few little embellishments. The photo is mounted on foam tape to give it a bit more of a 3D look too.

We also did a rainbow inchie swap. We each chose a colour and did our inchies and now I've got 9 fantastic colour inchies to display on a canvas... and as soon as I've actually put it on a canvas I'll share them with you! But in the meantime, here's my colour tile... TEAL!

I did a bit of embossing with the cuttlebug, stamped some butterflies and cut them out, added some gorgeous sparkly powder and them embossed clear over them, a flower, some rhinestones and peelcraft stars and it was done!

Well that's my show and tell for today... I've got to go into school and try and get my reports finished (school is super busy right now!) and then I'm heading into the garden tomorrow to try and get a couple of projects finished.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Shell xx

3 comments:

  1. I love your "inchies" swaps! I'd love to be involved or steal the idea to do with others

    ReplyDelete
  2. So please I was involved with those ATC and Inchies Swaps.

    Creations I will have forever :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx