Monday 2 January 2012

One Little Word for 2012

Ali Edwards really hit on something when she developed ‘One Little Word’ several years ago. 

I thought about it last year… for all of about 1/2 a day… but it didn’t really fit for me so I left it alone.  However this year I have a word that not only resonates with me but is ringing big bells too!

So what’s my word for 2012?

priorities4

So why this word you might ask… well it’s simple:

· because sometimes I do everything I can to make everyone around me happy and forget about what I want out of life.

· because sometimes I go to bed at night and realise that the thing I REALLY wanted to do hasn’t even been looked at.

· because sometimes I seem to get further and further behind due to procrastination

· because sometimes my THOUGHTS and my ACTIONS don’t seem to match up.

It’s not about making better checklists... or hurting & ignoring others... or making it all about ME. It’s about doing the things that are a PRIORITY on THAT day... in THAT moment... or at THAT time so that I know that I’ve done the best I can with what I had available at that time. It’s about keeping it real... not taking on too much... and learning not to feel guilty when I can’t do it all.

I’m going to be incorporating my One Little Word into my Project Life album which I’m doing for the first time this year… and I can already tell you that my One Little Word is having a positive effect on my life!

If you’ve joined this project this year I’d love to hear what your word is!

Have a great week xx

1 comment:

  1. Thats a great word for this year. Mine is two words - No excuses. Will see how that goes in relation to exercise, eating, family and just everyday life. Should be an interesting year. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx