Wednesday 1 February 2012

Log your Memory: Week 5

This week at Log your Memory the prompt was about awards and recognition. The sample layout was about getting published and at first that’s what I thought I’d do my layout about… for those of you who don’t know I have had ONE project published. It was in the Feb/April issue of Up2Scrap 2010. You can read my post on the blog HERE… and here’s my published project:published

I was actually struggling with this prompt a bit because I really didn’t know how I was going to do it… and then I read one of the extra prompts for this week and it said: Find out what others value or appreciate about you.

All of a sudden I knew exactly what I wanted to focus on. At the end of the last school year my Principal (Tony) retired and I asked him if he would write me a reference. When I went back to school for Teacher’s Only Day on Friday there it was in my cubbyhole.Click on image to enlarge

As some of you are aware, last year was one of my worst teaching years. I had a large number of ‘behavioural’ children… LOTS of boys… and more than my fair share of challenges. I struggled for a while and then I just decided to ‘suck it up’ and get on with it.

I had a few discussions with Tony about my class during the year and he was always amazed at how well I was ‘coping’ with the class. It was tough going but I made it through.

I didn’t think to much about our conversations once the school year was over but when I read Tony’s reference letter I was amazed at the insights he had into my character and the qualities he saw in me. It was really validating to read what he had written.

Sometimes it’s just really nice to know that others’ see what you’re really about as a person.

Happy scrapping xx

1 comment:

  1. LOL - I caught sight of the top photo on my blog reader before I looked at the actual blog name and thought "OMG! That's Shell's tin!"
    Congrats on getting the great reference you deserve Shell! Last year WAS damn hard for you but I have high hopes that this year will be easier. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx