Sunday 19 February 2012

Project Life: Week 7

It’s been another busy week in our household and once again I’m so pleased that I’m creating a ‘visual diary’ of all that happens. 

Here’s my pages for the week:Full_1

We started off the week with Mikayla deciding to go back to Waiariki this year… but not to become a chef.  She passed her course last year but decided that it wasn’t really for her so now she’s signed up to do Fashion Technology.  It looks pretty interesting!

Along with going back to polytech she’s made up her mind to move back into the house… she’s actually been ‘camping’ inside for the last month but still with the caravan as a ‘backup’.  Now she’s decided that she quite likes being in the house LOL

Here’s the left side:Left_1

I’ve also done a bit of a focus about getting my classroom into this weeks pages.  I had one of the tutors from last weeks course come to do an observation of my teaching so it seemed like a good time to get some photos. 

Mikayla and Toby are getting on better than ever… although now that Mikayla is going back to polytech they won’t be able to spend quite as much time together.

The second half of the week was super exciting!!!  I finally took the plunge and bought myself a Silhouette Cameo :)  I’m going to have so much fun with it!

Here’s the second half of the week:Right_1

Thankfully the Cameo arrived after work on Friday so I was able to have a bit of a play… very cool!  Plus there was a $10 download card included with it so I’ve been checking out the cutting files available.

On Saturday we had my youngest nephew’s 4th birthday party.  He really wanted a ‘pirate party’ and the day was awesome!!!  Everyone was wearing pirates hats and quite a few people got dressed up… even Toby wore a red bandana to join in the fun!

Towards the end of the day a car almost knocked Simon’s bike over so Katey decided to move it.  She literally only moved it from one side of her vehicle to the other but all the kids came to watch so Tracey and I growled at her about wearing no helmet!  The kids all thought that it was funny to see their Mum/Auntie getting a growling from her sisters’… especially since she used to be a police officer LOL

Here’s my wee piece of creativity for this weeks pages:creativity_1

I used some Tim Holtz Kraft Resist… love that stuff!  The XOXO was cut on the Cameo (as was the ‘love’ on the $10 download card) and then I added the date with the tiny attacher along with some bling.

I’ve also done a 6 x 12 insert page for this week.  It’s all about Reece’s birthday party but  it’s not printed yet so I’ll share it with you on Wednesday.

Here’s a wee story from the birthday… I took Reece down to the beach for a walk with Toby.  Mr Toby kept on trying to jump up and lick Reece and he asked why Toby did that.  I explained that Toby was still a puppy and he was learning not to do it, to which Reece replied… “When will Toby be a GUY?”  Very cute!DSCF0313_1

Here’s one more little 'Reece’ quote:  We were walking back to the cars from the beach (about 200 metres) and although Tracey had done her best to get Reece into the water he wasn’t having it.  As we walked up the dunes he turns and says to me… “Well that was a nice day at the beach”… out of the mouths of babes!

I hope you all had a great weekend xx

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh a Cameo. How exciting. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jelous Much of the Cameo, as you well know! I know you will not regret buying it! Love this weeks pages Shell. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm a Cameo wonder if its easier to use than the Silhouette? haha..Shhh Esther. Love your pages and the pics are just awesome Shell..
    Good Luck to Mikayla tell her to put her big girl panties on, and she will rock the course..xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx