Friday 17 February 2012

Scrapbook Dreams February Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone Smile

It’s already the middle of February which means it’s time for the sketch challenge at Scrapbook Dreams!

This month we’ve got a fantastic sketch for you with lots of possibilities:February sketch

I really enjoyed using this sketch.  I changed the placement of a couple of things to suit what I wanted but here’s what I’ve come up with:Just-beautiful blog

The photo is of my niece and was taken on Christmas Day.  As soon as I saw this photo I knew that I wanted to use it for a layout.  I’ve used some pretty Prima papers for the background and squares.  Then I cut up some more of the paper to create some rolled flowers… super easy and love the little bling centres.

Our Guest Designer this month is Erin… who is also my Mum… and she’s created this gorgeous layout about her Grandmother.  When she emailed me the layout I was under strict instructions not to look at it until we were on the phone together… but she didn’t warn me that the layout was of Nana!  When I saw it the old ‘floodgates’ opened so she got a good ‘first reaction’ to her layout:Queen of Hearts

Erin has used lots of soft pinks and green which were Nana’s favourite colours and she certainly got the title right because Nana really was the Queen of Hearts!

If you’d like to join in this months challenge we’d love to see what you come up with! 

Happy Scrapping xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx