Sunday 26 August 2012

Project Life: Week 34

Hi everyone :)

Well it’s been another busy week in our household and thankfully yesterday I got most of the photos printed for Project Life because this morning I woke up with a horrible headache and now feel like I’ve been hit by a freight train.  There’s lots of bugs and things going around and it seems that I’m not immune!

Here’s a look at my week:Full_1

This week I’ve done quite a bit of cooking… trying new things like the chocolate lava cake I saw on Pinterest last week.  I also made my first green curry… not a roaring success but I know how to make it better now :)

I got a GREAT deal at Briscoes too!  A Hampton and Mason stock pot that was originally $149.99 for just $39… pretty happy with that!

Left_1

We also had a funeral… Toby’s lion had become a stinky, manky, horrible thing that really needed to go so on Tuesday night we got the fire going nice and hot and then put his lion in… and he went mental!  He was definitely NOT a happy camper however he seems to have forgotten all about it now!

Since it was the middle week of the term my top group had their reward of a McDonalds lunch.  Thankfully we're able to walk up to McDonalds, eat and get back again within the time frame so it’s quite a good incentive to use with the kids.

On Wednesday one of the middle school teachers had a wee pony at school.  I didn’t get to actually go and see it as I was being observed for part of my appraisal but Norm was able to get some good photos for me :)

Right_1

We’ve been doing more art in Room 4 as well.  This week we created our ‘BFG Dream Jars’ and we also did some more work on our banner art… I’ll be pleased when those ones are done!

A few of my friends have commented on the fact that petrol is cheaper here so they tend to fill up before heading back home.  I have to admit that I thought petrol was pretty much a standard price everywhere but it seems not.  Hitting the headlines in our local paper this week they announced that Rotorua has the cheapest petrol in the country!  Over at the Gull station at Te Ngae petrol is currently $1.99 (9) per litre… and if you have a voucher you can get another 4 cents per litre off that!

I also decided to include my Lotto ticket this week… I don’t get one every week but this week I did and I actually won a small prize… yippee!

Here’s my creativity for the week:Creativity_1

I made this wee card using some Graphic 45 paper from the Wizard of Oz collection.  Lion is one of my favourites because he’s always so scared… and quite frankly he reminds me of Toby :)  Toby is really brave when he’s hiding behind his Mumma but the rest of the time he’s a big marshmallow!

So that’s my week… I hope you’re all having a great weekend and getting set for school and work tomorrow. 

As for me… I’m off to have a lie down and get better for school in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx