Saturday 29 December 2012

December Daily: Dec 28

Hi everyone :)

Well young Mr Dougal is now home safe and sound… and feeling a bit sorry for himself!  He ended up coming back on the bus which I thought might be a bit scary for him but it seems that Dougal always lands on his feet because he LOVED being on the bus!

According to the bus driver he was quite shy when he first got on and there were a few tears because Grandma wasn’t coming with him but then the bus driver started talking to him and the next minute the entertainer in Dougal came out!  He was chatting, telling jokes and even doing little dances in his seat.

The bus driver was so taken with him and ended up giving him his microphone so that Dougal could sing to the whole bus.  It turns out that my wee boy kept everyone on the bus entertained and they were all sorry when he had to get off!  I think it was a bit of a let down to actually come home with me and have a big talk about his behaviour after receiving all the attention he got!  Turns out he’s a natural in the spotlight!

Here’s my journaling for the day:Dec 28 journal copy_1

This year has been a good one for projects and I’m really pleased that I’ve finished the Log your Memory project… I’ve still got two more layouts to share with you.  I wasn’t sure what kind of project I wanted to do for 2013 but after having a good read through Ali Edwards’ One Little Word class description it felt like the right thing for me so I’ve signed up… paid my money… and now I’ve got the pre-assignment for the class.

During the year I’ll get receiving a new set of tasks, activities and prompts on the first of each month so I’m hoping to make my One Little Word for 2013 much more visible next year. 

This year I chose the word ‘priorities’ and it’s worked for me fairly well.  Just lately the word ‘choices’ keeps coming up and I think it kind of chose me so that’s my word for 2013. 

Since I liked making my scrabble letter ornaments so much I thought I might make a ‘choices’ piece to put on the mantelpiece just to remind myself.  So far all I’ve done is put the tiles on the stand just to see if I like it.

Here’s my photos for the day:Dec 28 photos copy_1

Last night the boys were both snuggled up with me and we were just talking about what they’d like to do over the next couple of days and Toby mentioned going to Barkers Park to visit ‘his supermarket’. 

Dougal was quite excited about that idea so they are both on their very best behaviour so that they can go.

Take care and I hope you have a great day xxx

1 comment:

  1. I like how a word just seems to come to you with the OLW. Not sure if I will be doing it again next year but look forward to seeing all yours over the year.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx