Sunday 2 June 2013

Project Life: Week 22 and another insert

Hi everyone :)

I’m super enjoying my weekend… not least of all because I don’t have to worry about going to school tomorrow since it’s Queen’s Birthday weekend… although I’ll probably end up down there for a couple of hours doing some work without the kids around.

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

We’ve had a pretty good week really… full of lots of different things including Miss Krystal celebrating her 21st birthday.  The years have certainly flown by that’s for sure.

I’ve had meetings after school every day this week, including Friday, but our meeting on Wednesday was some professional development in town so we decided to have an impromptu team dinner straight after it and it was great… awesome food and really good to unwind and relax together as a team.

We’ve started our winter sports and since most of the kids don’t have mouth guards for outdoor hockey we decided to give them a go at indoor hockey and they’re loving it… it’s super fast and easy to contain!

Here’s a close up of the start of my week… complete with Toby and the lipstick!  Don’t ask… you really don’t want to know! LOLLeft_1

I don’t know about you… but I’ve been really tired lately and to be honest it’s been unusual for me to stay up after 9pm lately because I just can’t keep my eyes open.  I’m hoping it’s just a ‘phase’ I’m going through.

One good thing about going to bed a bit earlier is that I’ve been getting through a few more books and I’m enjoying reading some new authors.

Toby has always enjoyed ‘puppy naps’ but he’s very taken with the fire these days and he’s either as close to it as he can get (which he is right now) or else he’s snuggled up on the sofa between the cushions… and if he can snuggle up with someone then that’s even better in his opinion!

Here’s a look at the second part of the week:Right_1

On Friday Krystal came around to do some baking while I was at work and then after I got home we went into town to get a few supplies.  Since we were out anyway we ended up going to ‘The Chimney’ which is a local Indian restaurant for dinner.  Luckily for me, Krystal had her phone with her as I didn’t have my camera on me.

A couple of weeks ago we made the decision to sell the Toby house because it was such a waste having it there when he wouldn’t even go in it.  On Saturday morning we flat packed it so that it could make it’s way to it’s new home in Wellington.

And then we were off to Krystal’s 21st!  I was hoping to get a photo of my two girls together because it seriously is a long time since I’ve had a photo with both of them in it and thankfully they were able to be coerced into it… it’s a pretty good photo and it might just end up on a layout yet!

We have a special key in our family… it was originally given to Granny by Nana (my great-grandmother) for her 21st birthday in 1942.  Since then it has been handed down to Mum, then me and now Krystal.

DSCN7460_1 

I’m wishing now that we had taken a photo of the back of the key with all the engraving on it but I’ll remember to do that next time I see Krystal.

Krystal decided that she wanted to do something a bit different for her 21st so she hired Zombieland and we all went out for some laser tag and paintball fun.  Laser tag is heaps of fun and I’ll definitely do it again… although next time I’ll wear more appropriate shoes for running around in the trees and I’ll make sure I’m not wearing RED! LOL

Here’s the front of the insert:Insert front_1

It was Krystal’s birthday on Tuesday and then Katey’s birthday on Wednesday.  I can remember when Krystal was born and Katey was out in the hospital corridor calling out to me to wait 24 more hours so that baby would be on ‘her’ day… after already being in labour for several hours I wasn’t quite prepared to do that for her!

I did get my cake pops made and they turned out really well… and I definitely learnt some good tricks and tips along the way… in other words it was a STEEP learning curve!

The grounds at Zombieland are fantastic and they really know how to set the theme for fun.  We had a great time running around with our guns… although Mikayla, Katey and I learnt the hard way that Mum/Grandma holds no prisoners when it comes to laser tag!

While we were mid-game Kody could be heard calling out “Grandma, where are you?”  In Katey’s defence though she didn’t actually send Kody out to call for Grandma… Kody did that all by herself! 

Here’s the back of the insert:Insert back_1

Krystal organised her own party, made and iced the cake, did all the shopping for groceries and catering herself… and she did an amazing job!  The cake looked awesome and then Chris added a couple of firecrackers to the top and actually it was great!  Krystal made her own icing roses and everything… super cool!

I managed to find her a bottle of coke with the right year on it so I couldn’t resist giving it to her at her 21st.  Maybe I should find one for Mikayla and put it aside for the next 2 years!

Mum has been our ‘family historian’ for years.  She’s made multiple albums for all the kids (she’s up to 8 grandkids now) and when they each turn 21 she’s going to give them to them.  Krystal is the first in the family and she’s got 8 very full albums… full of photos, memorabilia, coins, hair, fingernails, ticket stubs and a whole lot more… you name it these albums have probably got it!

So there you have it… another week and a whole lot of awesome memories!

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a week. Love the key necklace tradition and the gift of the albums would sure be something to treasure. What a wonderful birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx