Friday 25 October 2013

Feel Good Friday

Hi everyone :)

To be honest I need a bit of a Feel Good Friday this week.  It’s been a challenging week with quite a lot of worry!  On Sunday night I got a very emotional phone call from Krystal… and those of you who know my daughter know that she doesn’t ‘do’ crying.

Turns out she was feeling really awful… horrible headache, fever, chills, body aches etc.  She was rushed off to the hospital just after 10pm and I went over to be with her.  She had a multitude of tests done but there was ‘nothing conclusive’.

After several (daily) visits back to the doctor along with a multitude of tests… the poor kid is feeling like a pincushion now… it turns out that she has a rather bad dose of glandular fever! 

Then yesterday I got another call from her with a new development… her spleen is currently FOUR TIMES the normal size!  She’s a very unwell young lady and thankfully she’s coming home later this afternoon for a bit of ‘Mummy attention’ for the weekend.

Meanwhile, Mikayla shared with me a photo she’d found on the internet and I absolutely fell in love with the idea…

photo

Basically it’s an old light bulb that’s had the ‘innards’ removed and then been turned into a mini vase… pretty darn cute if you ask me!

Sometimes that’s all it takes to get my mind working so I did a bit of ‘image googling’ and found lots of other examples and here’s what I came up with for this weeks Feel Good Friday:

week 43 - light bulb vases

I’ve found quite a few tutorials online about how to actually do this project so now I’m just waiting patiently for one of my lights to blow so I can try it out!

I hope you all have a safe, happy and healthy weekend xx

2 comments:

  1. Hope Mikayla is feeling better soon. That's such a nasty thing to have. :( Love the lightbulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki :) It's actually Krystal that's sick but it's definitely nasty. I'm loving the lightbulbs too xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx