Wednesday 3 December 2014

December Daily – Dec 3

3

Today has been a long day!  The kids all went home at 12.30 today and then at 1.30 we began our Student Led Conferences.  It’s actually been pretty awesome to see my kids families come in and share in their learning. 

The kids have made a Google Presentation each highlighting their best pieces of work from the year including: reading, writing, maths, inquiry, blogging, camp, bucket drumming (including videos) and a slide of their own choice.  It’s been a LOT of work but seeing the parents faces when they view their kids work really has made it quite worthwhile.

Since I was going to be at school for a long time Dougal decided that he would like to come to school as well.  My class were a bit too busy for him to stay with us but Mrs Chatfield (the school librarian) said that she’d be quite happy to have Dougal help her for a while.

With that settled I went back to my class and got on with my day and when I called into the library later on ‘Mrs Chatfield’ had quickly become ‘Auntie Anna’ and the two of them were best of friends. 

Anna visited Europe earlier this year for a big holiday so I think they may have been sharing some of their travel stories.  Dougal was set up on Anna’s desk beside her and was busy scanning books into the system for the end of year stock take.  It turns out that Dougal has a natural talent for ‘scanning’… although I’m not sure I want to know where that talent comes from!

Dec 3_1

So that’s been our day today.  Toby was very pleased to have us both back home tonight and now both of the boys are napping on the sofa after their busy day.

I think Dougal might be coming with me again tomorrow so I hope he’s as well behaved tomorrow as he was today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx