Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Project Life – Week 12

Hi everyone :)

I was so organised during the weekend getting my photos organised and then we got invited to Krystal’s for dinner and updating my blog went completely out of my head!  It was really nice to catch up with everyone on Sunday night though, so it’s not all bad :)

Here’s an overview of my week:FULL_1

On Monday morning I woke up feeling really awful… body aches, head ache, couldn’t get warm… was the worst feeling, so I stayed at home.  I spent most of the morning lying down with absolutely no energy at all. Mike must have been feeling awful too because he came home early from work.  We decided that ‘comfort food’ was what we needed so we made a big batch of waffle mixture and set everything up on the coffee table.  We spent the rest of the day eating waffles, watching Game of Thrones and dozing.

On Tuesday I wasn’t feeling much better so it was another day at home for me.  I spent most of the day sleeping and trying hard to get well but, to be honest, nothing much was helping.  Maybe I should have tried some Guinness since it was St Patrick’s Day!

On Wednesday I felt a little more human so I headed in to school.  My team leader came into my classroom to see how I was feeling… took one look at me and… sent me home!  She was right to do that because to be honest I slept most of the morning and by about 2pm I was feeling a LOT better.  I even felt well enough to finish mounting some of the kids reading work for our wall display!

Here’s a look at the start of the week:LEFT_1

On Wednesday night I made us a beef casserole but I cooked it in the tagine pot.  It definitely had loads of vegetables and flavour packed into it!

Thursday ended up being a really tiring day and then I had to come home and spend a couple of hours on the phone calling parents about camp money.  HEAPS of parents only have cell phones now and it’s expensive to ring everyone! 

Mikayla and I caught up on the phone on Thursday as well and she’s so happy in Invercargill!  Everything is going really well for her and her whole life has turned around.  She’d put a lovely photo up on Facebook so of course I had to get her to send it to me for my album!

Meanwhile, Mike was feeling pretty awful… similar symptoms to me but he had the body sweats too…. ewww!  Toby wasn’t put off though… he climbed up on the sofa with Mike and kept him company!

Fortunately, by the weekend we were both feeling a lot better and we got to get out on the motorbike and enjoy ourselves!  We did a road trip to Whakatane via Te Puke… BIG detour really!  Two of my nieces had just had birthdays so Mike and I had to drop off some gifts and cards.

Here’s a close up of the weekend:RIGHT_1

The girls were both happy to receive some Lego to add to their growing collection and the funniest part was that my sister and BIL were super keen to build it all for the kids!  Maybe they need their own Lego!

Then we headed down to Whakatane and found a café to have ‘breakfast’.  This time I tried the French toast with bacon and banana.  Although it looks great in the photo I’d have to say that Mike and I were a bit disappointed with our food so we won’t be going back to that particular café again.  However, one cool thing they did have was, two trees outside that were ‘dressed up’ in their winter woolies!  Extremely cool and fab!!!

On the way home we stopped at Lake Rotoma to stretch our legs and take some photos.  The lake looked extremely blue and the lighting was perfect!  We also stopped at a sculpture gallery that I’ve always wanted to go to and we had a great time browsing around all the exhibits.

When we got back to Rotorua, Carey rang me to ask if I wanted to join her for dinner so I quickly got myself organised and went to pick her up… and we both went and coerced Chris into joining us… not that she needed much encouragement really! :)

We had a fab night out catching up… great food and plenty of laughs!!!  As we left the restaurant, Carey spotted the ‘bike tree’ and we went along for a closer look.  There are 150 bikes on the display and the lighting is absolutely stunning!

On Sunday, Mike decided it was time for the privet to go!!!  The privet had really taken off and it was super thick… it was also LADEN with bees!!!  If you walked down to the garage during the day time you couldn’t hear anything because of the buzzing!

It’s now looking very straggly out there and we’ll have to spray some more weed killer because we’ve had rain over the past couple of days but it’s looking a LOT better!

So that was our week.  I hope life is treating you all well and that you’re keeping safe xx

1 comment:

  1. Glad that Toby is enjoying his new cabana outside (lol). Pleased you & Mike are feeling better. Enjoying your P.L. weekly.


Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx