Sunday 1 March 2015

Project Life – Week 7

Hi again :)

This time I’ve got Week 7 – 9th to 15th February.  Here’s an overview of the week:FULL_1

We didn’t get all our Wellington unpacking done until Monday so I wanted to include the lavender products we bought.  We haven’t tried the lavender furniture polish yet but the rest of it is all pretty fantastic. 

We also brought back some lovely chocolates from Butlers Chocolate Café.  They did get a little bit melted in the car but they were totally delicious!  Unfortunately due to the fact we’ve been eating so healthy we both ended up feeling a little bit unwell afterwards.

Here’s a closer look at the start of the week:LEFT_1

At school we’ve been working on our self portraits.  Sadly, a lot of kids believe that they aren’t good at art so it usually takes a bit of encouragement to get them sketching.  Thankfully my class seem quite keen to learn new skills and their sketches are looking awesome.

We have a heated pool at school.  The kids enjoy their swimming lessons and I’ve noticed how much they have improved their skills already. 

Sometimes Toby ‘sneaks’ up onto the bed with Mike and then he looks at me as if to say ‘It’s ok Mumma… Mike said I could be here’… in his dreams!  I couldn’t resist taking a photo of them together though LOL

While we were in Wellington, Mike carried my camera bag for me and it was quite a pain in the neck!  We had a look for a different bag while we were away but couldn’t find exactly what we were looking for… then we came back home and found exactly the right thing!

Here’s a close up of the second part of the week:RIGHT_1

This week we had to do a MAJOR D.I.Y. project… and luckily for me Mike is just as much into D.I.Y. as I am!  The hot water cylinder first started leaking quite a while ago and then I had it fixed just as I was moving to Gisborne.  Little did I know that it still had a small but persistent leak which lead to the entire laundry floor rotting away!

Mike and the plumber pulled out the old hot water cylinder and then replaced it with a new one.  Next the floor came out which totally confused Toby… he just couldn’t understand where the floor had gone!

Over the weekend Mike replaced the floor and then started the job of varnishing it which meant that I couldn’t use my washing machine for several days.  It was proving quite difficult to keep Toby and his nose out of the varnish so we decided to use our ‘Toby gate’ to keep him out of trouble.

On Saturday morning we went into town and picked up a few supplies and then Mike saw a shoe sale.  He’d been wanting some new walking shoes and they had a great deal on so I ended up with a cool pair of walking shoes too!

Saturday was also Valentine’s Day so after lunch Mike took me for a mini road trip on his motorbike to visit my sister in Te Puke.  It was a brilliant ride and a gorgeous day.  I asked Katey to take a couple of photos for us and she got one that I really liked!  Then we headed into Tauranga to visit Mum for the rest of the afternoon.  She was definitely surprised to see us and we had a really nice visit.

On Sunday, Mike got busy with the floor again and I mowed the lawns.  Krystal came for a visit and Mike’s niece (Ayva) also arrived for the afternoon so while Mike and I were busy doing jobs Krystal gave Ayva a manicure.  She thought she was very grown up!

So that was Week 7.  I hope you’re all having a happy weekend xx

2 comments:

  1. So good to see everything is going so well for you hun,..I love the love photo it is so cool.. I have been locked out of bloglovin for a bit. Just worked out how to get back on..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brenda xx I keep having to pinch myself to make sure it's not just a lovely dream!

      Delete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx