December 18th was our last school day for 2015. The school officially closed at 12pm and by 12.30 we were all ready to head into town for our staff lunch.
We've had some really hot days lately and I even got slightly pink on one of my shoulders at the kids Christmas party. I decided to put on some sunscreen for the last day just to make sure I didn't get burnt and Dougal helped himself to some as well. Apparently his skin gets 'tender' when he's in the sun for too long! Pfft... that boy spends so much of his time asleep inside that I don't think he'd ever get a chance to get burnt! However, being a responsible Mumma, I let him spray 'just a little' on and he said it was very nice.
Now back to the lunch... we went to the Pig & Whistle and they did a beautiful array of platters for our lunch... lots of delicious nibbles and finger food.
The only problem with hiring somewhere in town to have a function is finding a car park. I managed to find a 60 minute car park and couldn't find anything else so I grabbed it. Unfortunately, when I got back to the car I had a $15 ticket... them's the breaks I guess!
For my creative pieces on this page I got busy with my Cameo. I die cut the Santa hat and then cut the sun and glasses using the Cameo... lots of fiddly little sun rays but I DO like the effect!
For the bottom piece I die cut a very intricate little tree that I used in a card making class a few years ago. I added a few cork stars to finish off and I quite like how it turned out.
Thanks for stopping by :)