Saturday 15 June 2019

Sometimes it's easy...

... to get caught up with what you're doing!

Although it's been almost a month since my last post I have by no means been sitting here doing nothing... in fact I have completed Miss Doodlebug's Quiet Book... and I'm THRILLED with how it turned out.

So far I've shared the Horse and Apple page HERE:


And who could forget the Umbrella page that caused me so many issues HERE:


So today I thought I'd share a few more of the internal pages of the book.  Each book has it's own special things for Miss Chloe to interact with so she will be learning while she's having fun... yeah I know... I'm such a teacher! LOL  I can't help it... it's just the way I think I guess :)

The next page I made was 'Ella the Elephant'. Ella takes the prize for the page which took me the longest to create.  Officially this page took 12 HOURS from start to finish... but there was a lunch break and two trips to the craft store for supplies within that time frame too!


There's lots of interactivity on this page:
  • Ella's nose has elastic inside so it's super stretchy.
  • The watermelon, carrot and apple go into Ella's mouth and can stay inside.
  • Ella's ear has a 'squeaker' inside it.
  • The zip allows the watermelon, carrot and apple to come out on their elastic cords.
Of course Miss Ella needed some adornments too so she's got a sparkly headdress as well as a jewel ankle bracelet.

My favourite part on this page was actually making the watermelon... totally LOVE how it turned out!

By comparison, the next two pages were pretty quick and easy... they almost sewed themselves together.

Doodlebug LOVES music... she's always dancing around and one of the first things she does when she comes to Nana's house is turn on the radio... she knows EXACTLY how to work the remote too!  Since she loves music so much it was a no-brainer to put something music related in her book and I found a cute pic for a guitar and turned it into a pattern.

Here's how it turned out:


Mikayla chose the huge beads for this guitar and they are so BEAUTIFUL.  They have a glossy finish but look almost metallic... very cool!  Originally I had hoped the interactivity would come from the beads going up and down the guitar string but they were so big there was no room for that so instead they simply spin around on the guitar thread.

My favourite part??  The sun in the corner... I love his super smiley face and it was the very first time I've ever been able to make French Knots work right!


Then I made a fun paint palette.  You might notice (and of course now that I've pointed it out you will definitely notice) that there is no orange snap on the orange paint... but not to worry because the orange snaps arrived a few days later and the orange matched PERFECTLY!


Of course this one is all about colour... and colour matching because each paint splodge has colour coded snaps on them.  There are also two colour coded beads on the ribbons so that Doodlebug can move them up and down the ribbons.

My favourite part... Miss Doodlebug uses the paint brush (which also snaps onto the palette) to 'dip' into the colours and then she pretends to be putting on eye shadow... it's super cute to watch!

I've been sharing each page as I finish it with Miss Doodlebug to see how she like them but she hasn't seen the finished book... that will have to wait for her birthday in late July.

So what do you think so far??


4 comments:

  1. What an awesome, fun book, she will love it Shell, especially as it's made by Nana with so much love. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette... it's been a real labour of love and I've learnt so much making it :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Shell this is amazing - love your creativity and how you have put the pages together. The sparkles on the elephant are perfect! I am sure Doodlebug will have hours of fun with it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shell. Imagine my delight this morning when I discovered you are blogging again. I was checking my list of "not blogging anymore" & saw some 2019 posts - yeah. Sorry that there has been some difficult character building moments ... thankfully you are on the other side of those changes. Toby's smile was such a happy thing to see & your Little Doodlebug is darling. Looking forward to hearing more about your geocashing adventures & screen printing. ... Mary-Lou =^..^= in Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx